Chapter 54

⚠️Mini Chapter ⚠️
  Some of my readers suggested to call them "Mini Chapters" instead of bonus chapters and I think that's a good idea so I'll put those at the beginning of every Mini chapter.

Also, I am a curious author, please leave in the review/ comment section how you came to find this book! Thank you so much!

Art in this chapter belongs to the insanely talented Gisekitty

Enjoy!
_________________________________________

Chloe glared out into the night sky.

  It wasn't often that she found herself wandering back to her father's hotel, but she quite enjoyed the view of the city. 

The blonde young woman had quite of a tasteful penthouse all on her own, but Chloe struggled to thrive. She did have a dream of running her own makeup line, but when things became too much, she knew that she could always come back to her father.

  Her father always saw her as his angel. Granted, it could just be because Chloe was his only child and she was inevitably a daddy's girl. She enjoyed the attention her father gave her.

When it came to her mother, Chloe received the opposite.

Over the years, Chloe realised that she had trouble staying in her penthouse alone. 
  She'd grown anxious, she'd be angry, her skin would be clammy. 

At least at her father's hotel, she'd still live inside a penthouse on the top floor, but she would have access to servants, and necessities easily. She would get anything she needed in a timely manner and sometimes her favorite servants kept her requests private.

  Chloe felt safer here, and she was around most people she knew. It was always nice to be in direct contact with familiar faces. So she simply couldn't complain. 

   The warm breeze blew through her blonde hair, and Chloe crossed her arms tautly against her chest. Her blue eyes trained onto the Eiffel Tower in front of her and she sighed. 

   "Long time, no see..." a voice emanated from behind her. 

  Chloe didn't move, a grimace etched onto her face as she recognized the voice almost instantly. She had expected company, and in fact asked one of her closest servants to keep it a secret while letting them inside, but the fact of that matter simply left a sour taste in the back of her mouth.

  Chloe felt ashamed. 

She didn't want to be this kind of person anymore, but it was as if she was fated to be flat-out fucked. She was a lost cause, at least that's what her mother told her.

   "I'm not surprised to you back," Chloe replied, her voice cold and dry as the man behind her slowly approached.

  "Yeah..." he murmured, standing beside her. "London got kind of boring..."

  Chloe pressed her lips together, slowly moving her eyes to Felix who stood beside her. 

"Wow, Felix Graham de Vanily got bored of London? One of the most lively and popular cities in England? I smell bullshit," Chloe muttered, moving her eyes back to the Eiffel Tower that had blinked in the moonlight.

  Felix sighed, sliding his hands into the pocket of his jeans. The blonde rocked back and forth on his feet and he cleared his throat.

  "I suppose you're right. I did come back for a specific reason..." he deadpanned, his eyes moving down to the Tower that was lit in front of them. "Partly because I did miss the city..." his eyes moved along the Parisian skyline with a dry smile. "Oh, and I go by Agreste now..."

  "You know I never call you that," Chloe chuckled, her throat suddenly feeling dry. "If you hate the Agrestes so much, why do you go by their last name, knowing that it isn't your last name?"

"Because, it opens up a lot more doors for me," Felix replied flatly. "You of all people should know what types of last names have the best effect on society." 

  Chloe shuddered deep within her own skin. A wave of guilt sunk into her bones, and Chloe had suddenly become inflicted with her conscience.

  "I didn't ask for you to come see me..." Chloe murmured, lowering her eyes down to the city below them. Her hands moved over to the baluster where she gripped on it tightly. "I think I've been through enough by you already. I've been doing well for myself, please don't fuck me up again."

  "I was hoping to put that behind us," Felix sighed, leaning onto the baluster with narrow eyes. "We both had a fucked up past, you know it’s impossible for us to be perfect."

  "Why did you come back?" Chloe asked, her voice sharp as she glared at Felix with frustration. "If you didn't come back to fuck with me again, why did you come back?" Her chest heaved as she tried to withhold the sobs that wanted to emanate from the confines of her chest. 

Chloe knew it was a bad idea. She knew the moment she saw Felix she would revert back to her old ways. But she couldn't do that for herself. She had kept everything under wraps for so long, and despite everything, she still had a small fear of Felix. They both knew too much about each other, but it somehow seemed unfair. 

  Felix still had a huge weight placed on Chloe's shoulders, and Chloe felt trapped.

  "I tried to get Marinette back. I saw photos of her wedding and I was told you did her hair and makeup. I thought it would be cool to come to you in person to give you a compliment," Felix explained, only partially giving her the truth. 

But Chloe could see right through him. She wanted to believe that he changed, but it didn't matter how much time was given to a person.

Some people just never change.

  "Anyway, Marinette shut me down. She doesn't want me back..." Felix sighed, glancing down at the ground of the patio that he and Chloe both resided on from the penthouse.

  Chloe chuckled, biting her lip as she clutched onto the baluster even more tightly.

   "Good," she prompted. "You deserved it. What you did was scummy," she sneered, moving her gaze to scowl at Felix. "That's why you don't fuck up and keep secrets from people. That's not how relationships work."

  Felix snorted, shaking his head with a wide grin. 
"Is that how it works?" He mused, perking a brow. "And what about you, Chloe? Don't you have any secrets?"

  Chloe felt her heart squeeze tightly inside of her chest. The blonde glanced down, her eyes wide with fear as she remained mute. 

Felix watched her intently, laughing softly at Chloe's stiff composure.

  "That's what I thought," he breathed. "That's why I know things that your father and all your friends would be surprised to hear... so before you judge me for what I did, maybe you should judge yourself for being a part of it..."

  Chloe exhaled, tears pooling in her eyes as Felix pushed himself away from the baluster. Her blue eyes glanced down at the road below and there was an unbearable pain in her chest.

  Her life felt like it was over, and for a brief moment, the thought of jumping off the penthouse balcony and plummeting to her death, didn’t seem like such an abhorrent idea.