Bonus 2: Love Advice

It was when Jungkook and I were alone waiting for Jimin to pick us up inside the flower shop. We had been waiting for half an hour now since Jimin said he would be running late due to some unexpected work at the office. At the moment, I was one month away from the university's graduation ceremony.

"Y/N, if you are a science person, you must have taken psychology courses before." Jungkook asked while helping me clean up the shop.

"Yeah, I took two of them, but compare to biology, I'm not that good." 

"Can you give me some advice on a topic?" Jungkook winked. "Love advice?"

"Love?" My eyes widened. "Oohh, our Kookie, are you finally in love?"

"Well... not really, but..." Jungkook chuckled. "Just listen carefully, okay?"

We both put the broomstick down. I was sitting on the stool attentively while Jungkook was leaning against the counter between us. 

"I liked this girl five years ago. At that time, she didn't have a boyfriend yet. But because I was too slow to confess, she chose someone else."

"Oh- so around the time when we met."

"I-I had never liked any girls before, she was my first. She was pretty, confident, and brave. Most importantly, she was... normal."

"Normal?"

Wait... who exactly was Jungkook talking about? I started to feel suspicious of his words and his avoidance of eye contact.

"She gave me feelings and sensations that I had never once felt. Just by being with her, laughing with her, and protecting her, I already felt loved." Jungkook continued, not knowing the expression on my face started to go blank.

"But she never once knew that I was so in love with her. She loved someone else, and she is still in love with that someone else right now."

"Jungkook..." I was suddenly nervous, fearing for the rest of his story. It was coming back, the conversation between me and Jungkook when we were hiding in a temple in Jeju Island.

"Being with you was just... so normal, and I love every moment of it. Living a life as a gangster isn't the best life for me. While others the same age as mine were in the military, or in university, I had to do other things that divert from the norms, making me sometimes really tired and uncomfortable."

It couldn't be it, could it?

"I could be childish, I could be the youngest, I could be the baby, but..." He chuckled sadly. "I wanted to become a man for her."

"I almost confessed to her when we were in a temple together, but I stopped myself because I knew she was in love with someone else, and that someone else was also in love with her. They just hadn't realized that yet."

"She made me feel so normal and comfortable. Knowing her was one of the reasons I wanted to wake up every morning feeling optimistic. But I couldn't let her know that, because I was a coward, I was shy, and I was afraid that I would destroy the relationship between her and that someone else, who was one of my closest hyungs."

"Most of all, I was scared that we couldn't be friends after I confessed."

Jungkook was talking about the girl he loved five years ago. His description, his gaze, his choice of words, everything was pointing at a certain girl.

And that girl... was me.

How stupid was I for not noticing his unrequited love?

"So instead, I just wanted to be with her as a friend, as someone who would protect her with my life. I loved her, and... I'm still in love with her."

My heart was pounding against my chest when I heard the last phrase in his sentence.

"Y/N..." Jungkook finally turned his head toward my direction. He wasn't blushing but his face was dead serious. "I'm telling you this not because I want to destroy you and Jimin hyung. I just want to let you know, that's it."

I was lost for words.

"I can't hide it further, Y/N. I'm sorry..." Jungkook's face twisted in sadness. "All those years I have been suffocated by this feeling I have for you and the pressure of not letting it all out. I'm really sorry for bringing this out..."

Now that he said his feelings, I began to feel extremely guilty.

"If I confess, I will risk our friendship. But if I don't..." Jungkook calmly stated with sincerity. "I will regret it for the rest of my life."

"I will miss you a lot, a lot, Y/N."

I remembered every single moment of it, of how Jungkook was crying and saying that he didn't want to forget me.

Why was I such a bad person? Why didn't I notice? Why didn't I-

"Y/N, seeing you happy is already making me happy, so don't feel guilty." Jungkook smiled widely. "You know that it's okay to not notice someone's feeling, right?"

"Ye-yeah..." I stuttered, looking down awkwardly at the ground and not being able to erase the wave of guilt inside me.

Jungkook liked me. No, he loved me.

And he still is.

What could I possibly do with this information other than feeling ashamed of myself? Jungkook was such a nice person, and somehow, I had unknowingly destroyed his pure heart. 

If I could open up more space for the others and not only for Jimin, would I have noticed Jungkook's secret love?

"J-Jungkook, I ac-"

Just about time, Jimin arrived and suddenly opened the front door with a bright smile on his lips. "I'm here, Y/N!!"

But then, looking at the two of us who were both looking down at the ground with a sullen face, Jimin furrowed his eyebrows and began to question the situation. "Are you two okay? Did something happen?"

"N-No, nothing happened. Just... there was a cockroach... yeah, a cockroach!!" I yelled out loud all of a sudden. Well, I had to think of an excuse even though it wasn't very logical. 

"A cockroach?" Jimin started to look around before he approached me and gave me a massage on the nape of my neck while smiling creepily. "Don't worry, Y/N. I will have people here next week to smash every single one of them."

"Huh?" He wouldn't do that, would he?

"Jungkook, we will get going now. Thanks for staying here." Jimin lightly patted Jungkook's shoulders before he took my hand and led us out of the flower shop. 

I took one last glance at Jungkook's gloomy face, trying not to show Jimin any guilty feelings of mine. Despite everything, Jungkook still managed to smile at me one last time before we disappeared out of each other's sight.

Would Jungkook be okay?

--

A/N: Hey, this is really the end! Thank you for all of your support and love 😍😍 I mean it 🥺🥺 your love really made my day!! I'm not very good at expressing myself... so... thank you again!!

Tbh, I published this book out of fun, just to get me some sort of "escapism" from my reality 😳😳, and every week, I force myself to post a chapter, so that I feel like I have completed something instead of sitting around and being lazy with all the essays and exams I have to do. Of course, I want you all to enjoy the story, but the story started out with me just wanna have a little fun for myself while coping with real life 😋🤣. 

So thank you for giving this book a chance and I wish you all a happy and healthy life!