39. Epiphany

I finished all the food a maid gave to me while I was in my cold prison cell. Just when I finished my simple meal, that middle-aged familiar-looking man walked in all of a sudden. He had two hands behind his back, glaring down at me as if I was the toughest bug. 

"I- I'm sorry, I was... hungry." I mumbled while standing up politely.

Why hadn't he killed me yet?

"If you have finished, come out with me. There's something I need you to do." He sternly commanded.

"I- I understood." I nodded obediently.

Before he could walk out of the room, I unexpectedly called him out loud. "Sir!"

Looking at me with questioning eyes, he turned around. 

"Jimin-ssi... is he, if by any chance, finding me?"

The man didn't bear a word or a gesture.

"If  he is, can you please tell him to stop?" I tried to form a smile on my dry lips. "I- I have used him enough, I don't want to bother him anymore. Can you just... take me back to Korea? I will definitely disappear, definitely. I won't bother Jimin and Seolah or anyone related to him. I will vanish, I swear."

Oh, shit, Koo Y/N, what did you just say? You were fucking homeless, moneyless; overall, you're a useless dickhead. Disappear my foot, how could you do that when you had no magic?

"I'm also hoping that you will disappear." He stared at me with a challenging expression.

Was it supposed to be a joke?

Then, he turned on his heels. "Follow me."

--

"I- I have to tell him all of this?" I looked down at an A4 piece of paper with shock and pain running down my spine.

"You will be calling him on this phone." He pushed toward me an old-fashioned flip phone. "Just tell him exactly what's on the paper."

"B- but-" These words on the paper were just way too cruel. If I said them literally, upset would be a light word for Jimin.

"Or else..." The man threw me a bunch of pictures that had my father and myself in 2016 in them. My father was planting some trees in our backyard and I was still in my high school uniform. "Your father, and your sister, which I assumed, will vanish instead of you."

The world was a disgusting place. Any piece of information could be acquired by powerful and wealthy people. One thing for sure that the Bloodtubs couldn't figure out why my 'sister' and I looked so similar.

Well, if they shot 2016-me dead, I would vanish as well...

But not my dad. I would never let them kill him.

"I will call." I instantly agreed without further objection. A tear involuntarily rolled down my face as I shakingly picked up the phone. 

In the contact list, there was only one number, which I presumed was Jimin's. Dialing it, I prevented myself from hiccuping and wailing. Clutching my hand into a small fist, I pursed my lips, waiting patiently for Jimin to pick up his phone. My heart was racing as close as the speed of light. Suddenly, I realized how my existence could affect somebody's life so greatly. 

I thought I could persuade this middle-aged man here with my sweet-talking, but I guessed it didn't work.

Not even after one second, Jimin had picked up my call. "Hello?" Somehow, his voice sounded extremely different.

"H- hello, Jimin-ssi..." I said, doing my best to not sound crying.

"Y/N? Y/N! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Where are you? Where did you go? Wh- what happened?" He suddenly bombarded me with questions. I glanced over at the daunting man in front of me, not having enough courage to scream for help.