40. A Mother's Love

A few minutes later, Jimin's mother came back to the room, bringing with her a few thick books. Those were the photo albums that she said she would bring to me so we could look at them together. 

Why was she doing this? Why was she being so kind and nice?

"Jimin was in kindergarten in this photo." She pointed at a little chubby cheeks boy who was holding his friends' hands.

"This was when he first graduated from elementary school. Such a cute boy, isn't he?" She smiled as she continued to guide me throughout the album.

As she was flipping through the pages, I awkwardly tried to open my mouth. "Why are you showing me these?"

She continued to explain the photos while smiling sweetly. "You'll see why soon, honey."

Honey... what?

"Jimin in his twelfth birthday."

"Jimin in high school."

"Jimin dancing- Oh yes, he used to dance during high school, he loved dancing, to be exact, but he stopped once he got into college overseas." His mother laughed gently. 

"Why did he... stop?" I hesitantly asked.

His mother sighed. "He wanted to impress his father, that's why he stopped dancing to focus on studying business."

My expression saddened to know how much Jimin had to sacrifice.

"Jimin was in a club about environmental awareness during his college years." Jimin's mother pointed at the photo of a club which had Jimin far in the back. "It was a good thing that he joined it, so he could have some positivity in his life."

But the photos stopped when his college life ended. Going back to South Korea to work for ParkHere, Jimin buried himself with work and reputation and impression. During that process, he only had his six friends by his side.

Jimin's mother closed the photo albums and set them aside on the nightstand. "I've wanted to show you these adorable photos when you first came here, but my husband got in the way." She pouted.

"B-but I'm just-"

"And after I watched and heard everything earlier, between you and my husband, I'm even more determined to show you Jimin's photos!"

I couldn't understand this lady. If she heard everything I said, why didn't she despise me for being such an evil woman who exploited her one and only son?

"When you said Jimin was a nice person, that he will be a good father and good husband, what do you mean?" She asked with her curious sparkling eyes.

Looking at his mother like this, I realized how much Jimin resembled both his father and mother.

Reminded of that camping night, I scratched the nape of my neck in embarrassment. "He invited me for a camping night, so I thought he was-"

"What?" She looked shocked. "Jimin invited you?"

"Ye-yes? And he also made food with the bonfire and gave me quilts so I thought he was-"

"Jimin did that? My son did that?" She squinted her eyes in absolute bewilderment.

I was a little bit scared of her continually surprised face. "Ye-yes? And he cares a lot about his friends and me, so I thought he was-"

"Oh my, how much did he care for you?"

Could she please let me finish my sentence?

"I- I actually don't know, but he's a good person, at least better than me..."