34. A Sudden Clash

This weekend, we went to Daegu, home to the notorious Doctor of Complaint Min Yoongi. I heard that Taehyung's hometown was near Daegu too, but I didn't remember what he said earlier.

I should save money to increase my memory storage.

"What's your new kitten's name again?" Taehyung asked.

"It's Haneul. Gosh, I've told you three times already!" I exclaimed.

It was late in the evening and only Taehyung was babysitting me in Yoongi's luxurious mansion. We were both chewing on our after-dinner snacks.

"But what's this occasion? What did you say again?" 

"Once or twice a year, or whenever depending on to Jimin's liking, he would go to this boxing compet-"

"What? Boxing? Jimin did boxing?" I gasped in horror. 

"Yeah, duh? By the way, Jungkook did boxing too, both of them are quite good. But I would say that Jungkook is way better." He chuckled.

"What? Oh my god, why have I never heard of this before?" I put down all of my snacks, focusing on Taehyung. "Boxing is a dangerous sport and many boxers are even more built than Jungkook and Jim-"

"No no, you got it wrong." Taehyung chuckled. "It wasn't a real competition. It was more like a game."

I was even more confused.

"Ha... Okay, so, imagine this. I don't really want to say this but..." Taehyung sighed. "We did bad things, right?"

I nodded.

"We even did human trafficking, do you know that?"

A chill was running down my spine as I slowly nodded. What did boxing have to do with human trafficking?

I didn't want to judge them, but seriously, when Tae mentioned those words, I felt really disgusted by that action.

"So... the boxing competition is for those people, males and females separated obviously. The winner will get a chance to work for us instead of being sold off to other traffickers... You okay?"

"Huh? Ye- yeah..." I didn't realize that I was sweating a lot the more Taehyung said.

"I can stop now if you feel uncomfortable."

"N- no, ju- just continue." I shook my head.

"Okay, but if a male winner was unlucky, he would meet Jimin in the final round... and Jimin doesn't do 'lost.'" Taehyung talked more slowly and soothingly, trying his best to keep me calm.

Speaking of which, what if they sold me to those kinds of competition in the first place? What exactly was the reason that Jimin decided to keep me by his side?

"You mean... tonight is the night when Jimin goes there to... do boxing?" I cautiously asked.

"Yes."

"There are so many sports out there! Why did they choose boxing? Are they stupid?" I heaved a sigh.

"Jimin and Jungkook do that to raise their stamina and pain tolerance. Sometimes, it would be Jungkook; sometimes, it would be Jimin who joined the final round."

I nodded my head, taking my attention to somewhere else. Just thinking about Jimin getting hurt made me want to vomit.

"Y/N."

"Hm...?"

"Do you want to go there?"

--

Dressed in black, Taehyung and I sneaked out of the mansion at midnight. We went into a more countryside-like and quiet part of Daegu where 'bad things' happened. Taehyung stopped his car in the middle of nowhere, then we took a ten-minute walk to a shabby-looking and huge warehouse where we heard noises and shouts coming from there.