Side Story 3: Jungkook's View

It was really early in the morning, when everyone was still asleep, that Jimin woke me up from my unsettling dream. I was always lacking sleep, thanks to my demanding and difficult boss. I thought this short vacation in Jeju island would help to fix my mind, but it didn't. Especially seeing how content Jimin was in these days, I was expecting to rest more.

"Yes, hyung?" I yawned, opening the door for him.

"You're still sleeping at this time?" Jimin sat down on the edge of my messy bed, questioning my sleepy look.

"Hyung, it's not even 5 AM..." I mumbled a complaint.

"Alright, then be awake. I'm about to tell you something important regarding Y/N."

Hearing this, my sleepiness vanished like smoke in the air. If it was something Y/N-related, my ears were always ready. I had no idea why, but whenever she was mentioned, all of my attention was on her name.

"Hoseok hyung said that he suspected a boat coming to Jeju last night." Jimin began talking, his face was all serious and dangerous. "Namjoon and Jin hyung were already out to confirm it. But even if it's just a normal boat, we can't let out guard down."

I listened attentively to every single word, worrying that I might miss some important details. 

"Jungkook, we're safe when we're in this mansion. But once we go out, I can't ensure all of our safety. If something happens on our way to the airport, I need you to take Y/N to this address. Remember the address and burn the paper." Jimin gave me a small piece of paper.

"Wait, is this..." I was shocked seeing Jimin gave me this secret address that only he and Jin knew. "Is the situation very serious that you decide to give me this address?"

"Just go and there will be a person at the address to help you." Jimin sighed. "I really hope nothing happens, I really do."

"Okay. Trust me, I will protect Y/N, I will ensure her safety on your behalf." I smiled as I reassured him. 

"Keep her safe. I and the others will stay back and clean up the mess." Jimin stood up and left the room.

He looked so damn worried. Did he even sleep?

Was Y/N that important... to him?

Remembering the address, I used my lighter to burn it up. I knew that Jimin had many secret places across the globe, so secret that none of us really knew about it. The reason only Jin knew about this place in Jeju because once Jimin and Jin were both being 'hunted' by other gangs so they had to stay in that address for a week before we helped them solve the problems.

Not even Jimin's parents knew about those places. Did he really trust Y/N so much to the point that he was willing to take risks just to protect her?

I realized that since the beginning, Jimin had this special concern for Y/N. At first, none of us could trust her. However, after our trip to Sokcho to confirm the existence of another 18-year-old Y/N in 2016, we soon gathered our strength and belief to see Y/N as a victim rather than a spy. And Y/N had proved us all that she was just as innocent as the ground that she firmly stood on.

Why did Jimin care for her so much? If it was me, Taehyung, or Jin that cared about Y/N, it would be much understandable. I had to admit that we had been more compassionate than the others, but Jimin, why?

Hearing the news from Taehyung that Jimin and Y/N were camping together, I was ready to believe that there are pigs flying in the sky. Not only that, Jimin even brought food, quilts, and other necessities that he never needed in his entire camping life! Usually, he only brought enough stuff to light a bonfire, a tent, a chair, and a sleeping bag. But on Friday night, I thought he and Y/N was about to move in together in that tent.

I also noticed his 180-degree change in behavior after his camping night with Y/N. He was much softer and 'possessive' over Y/N. When Taehyung and I tried to take some of her photos in her golf costumes in a 'friendly' manner, Jimin just popped out of nowhere like a cockroach that scared the hell out of me, ready to neuter me and Taehyung right on our spot.

I felt like, whenever there was Y/N, there was Jimin. Whenever she was smiling, he was smiling, too.

Does he have romantic feelings for her?

--

The temple's atmosphere was like hell.

I texted Jimin when Y/N fell asleep right next to me. Due to safety reasons, I couldn't call him, so I had to write a long-ass essay to update him on our status.

Jimin: You two found a way for Y/N to go home?

Me: Yeah. She looks happy to me.

He was quiet for quite a long time before he replied. I almost fell asleep before his new text message came.

Jimin: Early tomorrow morning, you have to take Y/N to the airport. Taehyung and Yoongi hyung will be there. I will come right after you guys.

Me: We're already moving? Is it safe now?

Jimin: Not really, but they're targeting Y/N, not us.

Seeing the message, I was shocked. It took me a few minutes to process what Jimin just said.

Jimin: Seoul is much safer, but things are almost clear now in Jeju. Do not let your guard down, Jungkook.

Me: Do you know why they're targeting Y/N?

Jimin: Those guys that intruded the penthouse a month ago must have leaked some information. I don't know the exact reason, but it might have something to do with me as well. 

Me: Alright hyung. I will do as you said.

Jimin: By the way, ask the monk that guided you around about a gun machine. Bring it with you, Jungkook. Just in case.

Me: I know.

Things were an absolute mess. Even though I had been in this type of situation before, I still could not get used to its tiresome. If I had a dream, I would dream of becoming a normal person in their early 20s. And I saw some part of the 'normal' me in Y/N. That was why I just love being near her.

Just like how Jimin loved being with her.

But since the day I was born, my fate was determined for this job. I had to do this, I had to protect Y/N, to protect a part of me.

--

A/N: I hate myself for being so terrible at cooking.

Btw, do you think Jungkook has something for Y/N? :D