29. An Alcoholic Confession

At one night in the hospital, when I was about to eat dinner with Taehyung and Hoseok, Jimin came to pick me up. In other words, he 'forced' me to eat dinner with him. He then drove me to his office for a 'romantic' dinner that he promised.

Funny. How could an office be romantic?

Jimin had a private dining room right next to his office. It was quite simple, modern black and white, totally different from his extravagant lifestyle. It had exactly seven seats, meaning that only Jimin and his team could sit and eat here.

Sitting down opposite to Jimin, my stomach grumbled when I saw all the food. 

"Jimin, if you don't mind, can we go to your office after dinner?" I asked, already having my first bite.

"Alright, but why?" Jimin was still busy opening the champagne.

"I used to search for rich people's offices on the Internet. I just want to make sure they are real."

Jimin chuckled and a bottle popped open. "Do you want champagne?"

"Yeah, I'm ready for some alcohol tonight. Let's get wasted."

Jimin kept his pretty smile on his face and poured the liquid into my glass. But then, he lighted some candles in front of us. His actions made me look like a peasant who won the prize of eating dinner with a prince.

"Why are you lighting the candles?" I asked, my mouth still full of food.

"To make it more romantic."

"Huh?"

However, due to all the alcohol that I had drunk, my head started to feel dizzy. Although my vision was yet to be blurry, I felt like I was gradually losing control of myself.

After our dinner, Jimin took me to his office. The entire floor was dedicated to Jimin and his most trusted employees. Like other normal offices, it looked amazing and modern; the colors were similar to the ones in the dining room, bright and cool, unlike the dark side of ParkHere Group where gangsters existed.

"This is my office. Hope you like it." He opened the door and the light was immediately turned on.

"Wow!" I jumped onto the sofa that faced the floor-to-ceiling windows. "Your office's view is speechless! How can you possibly work in this environment?"

I heard Jimin's chuckled from behind as I stared out the window, only to see the beautiful view of Seoul with dots of lights and the busy bright streets where thousands of people were driving through. The view was good that I started to get jealous of rich people like Jimin who got an office like this.

Ah, the alcohol was really affecting me.

"Drink some, your face looks too red." Jimin was sitting down right next to me, giving me a glass of orange juice.

I pouted in anger. "Who constantly poured me more champagne? And why didn't you get drunk?"

"Let's say that I have a high tolerance." He flashed me his crooked smile.

I took a sip and turned my head back to the city view. "Seoul is really pretty. I'm regretting my words claiming that I don't like the city."

"Why do you dislike Seoul?" Jimin only had a glass of water instead.

Maybe because of the alcohol that I started to ramble. "Many of my old high school friends are in Seoul for university. It will be really awkward if I ever encounter them on the streets."

"That's it?"

"Used to, but now..." I tried to keep my eyes open as I leaned on the sofa, completely relaxing. The view was so hypnotizing. "I like it better, thanks to you and your friends. When I go back to 2020, I will visit Seoul again."