42. The Woman I Love

I was back in Seoul. Breathing in the air here, I felt more relieved than ever. Jimin's mother didn't come with me, but she sent some men to escort me safely back to the penthouse where I was living.

How would Jimin react? Would he be happy or perhaps, crying? Nah, he wouldn't be such a baby.

When I reached the penthouse, it was empty. Well, clothes scattering on the floor, dirty kitchen counters and dishes, unorganized shoes rack, and closed curtains bringing gloominess to the entire house. 

Was Jimin even here?

"Oh my gosh, alcohol." The atmosphere was soaked with the smell of whiskey and martini and other sorts. Bottles lying around and beer cans preventing me from a normal walk, I thought I was working in a trash factory.

I entered my room, realizing that everything was still in its place, except for the bed, which I assumed Jimin, or someone, had slept on it but didn't make the bed before leaving.

"What happened while I'm gone?" I was looking for my phone, but then I realized I had none.

Then, I heard the door outside being opened quite loudly. So I quickly rushed out of my room, thinking that it would be Jimin. 

I stopped in my track as my smile faded when I saw the person standing at the entrance.

"So you've been here all along?" Seolah gave me a confused look.

"I- What are you doing here?"

"Should I answer that question of yours? Is this your house?"

"... N-no."

Seolah shook her head in disapproval, then proceeded to respond. "I'm here to take some clothes for my boyfriend who is at his office thinking about you." She scoffed. "You've seen the mess he created in this penthouse. He missed you a lot, and you being here killed all the climax."

"D-did he know-"

"No, he didn't." Seolah walked past me toward Jimin's room. "You're a good seducer, I see."

Ignoring her sarcastic compliment, I followed her into his room persistently. "C-can I go see him now? Is he... like... free?"

Seolah was casually opening Jimin's wardrobe, taking out even his most private clothing and putting them into a small bag. "Jimin is never free."

"So... is he... okay?" Looking at Seolah's face right now, I had no idea what to ask.

She sighed, giving me a daring look. "Are you sure you want to ask about my boyfriend? Don't you think I will be jealous and give you a slap right now?"

"... Right. I'm sorry." I looked down in shame.

"You can wait here until he comes back, or do you want me to tell Taehyung, your boyfriend, that you're here waiting for another not-so-single man?" She smiled unpleasantly, which surely scared me to death.

"I-I can sit here..."

"Then do your job as a random person well. You're lucky that I didn't kick you out to the street." She stood closer and closer until she indirectly pushed me against the wall. "Those who destroy others' relationship won't have a good ending."

When Seolah left, I practically had to wait for Jimin to come back. Since he didn't know about my arrival, he must have been in the office to discuss business or search for me or simply to distract himself.

What should I do now?

A few hours must have passed when I started cleaning the house. I had nothing to do in the first place, and just staring at the mess made me go insane.