47. I Love You, Too

Taehyung and I, with a few exceptional guards, were standing outside the operation room. I stopped crying a while ago, although my whole body couldn't stop trembling. Wearing Jungkook's thick coat didn't help either since the coldness of the atmosphere still wrapped itself around my fingers.

"The patient will be moved to the ICU. The surgery was successful, and luckily, the bullets didn't hit his vital organs." The doctor said. "But we have to wait until he wakes up to be more certain."

Taehyung immediately heaved a sigh, stepping back to make a few calls to other members. I slumped down on the waiting chair soullessly, holding on to Jimin's wallet and his bloody shirt. As much as I wanted to relax after knowing the surgery was a success, I was unable to do so.

At least not until he woke up.

Only when Jimin woke up, my life would be back to calmness.

I was waiting for Taehyung to call everyone while playing with Jimin's wallet. Taehyung entrusted me to keep this invaluable belonging, despite knowing that I might run away with all of these black cards. Unconsciously, I opened the wallet slowly as if there was something inside calling out loud. Then, I saw a familiar hair tie.

My hair tie.

He was keeping it inside his wallet all along. I didn't even remember that I gave it to him a while ago.

"Why-" One more time, I was a cry baby. Clenching the hair tie in my fist, I braced myself for the weight in my heart that was unbearable.

How much did he love me? What if it was already too late to say 'I love you' back? What if he never woke up?

As I sobbed voicelessly, a squared photo slipped out of Jimin's wallet, lying upside down when it fell onto the cold, marble floor. My quivering hands picked that photo up and a tight knot in my heart was sealed.

It was a small photo of us, Jimin and I, while we were camping together for the first time. I was sleeping deeply on his shoulder not knowing what happened, and Jimin was smiling softly, taking a secret picture of us. The light coming from the dancing flames somehow made the picture so bright and warm under that day's clear night sky that screamed sorrowfully.

Since when exactly did he fall in love with me? Why didn't he tell me about this?

Pursing my lips, the intolerable tears from the corner of my eyes dripped on the photo.

And Jimin was acting like he didn't care...

And Jimin was acting like he didn't like me...

Now he just turned me into a complete idiot. Even when he was unconscious, Jimin still managed to torture me mentally. My love for him could never be comparable to his.

I love you, Jimin.

Please, wake up soon.

I want to say that I love you too.

--

Jin stepped inside the quiet hospital room. He looked so much better than five days ago when I first saw him since our last separation. Meanwhile, Jimin was still sleeping with an inhaler on, but his condition was much more stable. Just a day ago, his heart suddenly stopped beating which scared us all to death.

"Y/N, Jungkook, I brought you food." Jin smiled as he set the food out on the table.

"Shoot, I totally forgot to eat." Jungkook mumbled, touching his growling stomach.

"Thank you." I faintly smiled back, helping him with the food.

"Y/N, you should go back home to wash up. Since Yoongi is coming here soon, how about you and Jungkook go back to the penthouse to take a short rest?" Jin suggested. "Taehyung said that Haneul was missing you."