7. Reward Or Punishment

I was humiliated, literally, by everyone except for good people, such as Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jin.

"You are okay now." Jin smiled after treating my wounded face. Putting away the first-aid kit, he faced me again. "You're living here from now on."

"Oh, oka- What?" I zoned out for a few seconds, admiring this man's peculiar beauty.

"Jimin decided to let you live, but he can't let you go. He still doesn't trust you." After knowing Mr. Camper's name, everyone started to address him as his name, Jimin. "This is Jimin's Penthouse, by the way."

"B- b- but why? I'm really innocent. You guys can let me go back to Busan or Sokcho! I won't tell anyone. My mouth is zipped." I was considering whether should I take advantage of this nice man or not.

I never thought of myself as a cunning woman until I realized I was the only person who could save myself.

They didn't look all dangerous, but after eavesdropping on their illegal conversation, I began to understand who were they working for.

The legendary children playing warriors shit that I thought was funny fiction.

"I can't and won't do that." Jin was resolute with his words. "Each of us will take turns to watch you, so you won't be alone all the time."

But taking the magical stuff I had experienced into account, I didn't want to go back to Busan or simply outside. And also, what if my ex was hunting me down...

I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should just obediently stay or beg Mr. Camper to let me go.

"You will be safer in here. Jimin said, make yourself at home. This room is yours, and the room a little further down the hall is Jimin's." With that, Jin left the room.

Not bothering to look around the room, I fell on my bed, looking up at the empty white ceiling with a small crystal chandelier. The monochrome theme added more anxiety to my boredom. The big room with not so much furniture left me desolated.

Too stressed out to think, somehow, I fell asleep.

I thought, 'I will sort things out when I wake up.'

--

I woke up when Taehyung called me at around 6 o'clock in the evening. My face hurt, looking distorted. Taehyung was my babysitter for today, and he couldn't stop laughing at my face.

"I couldn't cook, so I ordered takeouts." Taehyung showed me his familiar and friendly boxy grin, presenting me with evaporated boxes of food on the kitchen counter.

"Where are the others?" I saw the empty open-plan luxurious brown and white living room, kitchen, and dining room. Except for the dim lights coming from the kitchen, they were all dark.

"They have work, and me too." Taehyung replied. "Sorry, but I have to go now. Within an hour, Jimin will be back." He said guiltily.

"It's okay. I won't run away, don't worry." I smiled back. With that, my stomach grumbled.

"You must be hungry. You passed out since noon. Ah, and Jimin said he wanted to talk to you, so don't go to sleep yet." Taehyung giggled at my shameless stomach. "I will be off!"

He was nice. I could trust him, possibly.

Finishing every single thing Taehyung bought, I had noted down the new limit of my stomach. It was likely that I was scared of my upcoming and unexpected death that could be granted on me at any time by either the flattered Mr. Camper or Yoongi the Jerk.

I checked around the house, touching the sofa, the coffee table, the rug, the television, the bookshelf, and even the toilet. Everything screamed 'money' for me. There were a total of three rooms down the hall, one for me, one for Jimin, and one for I-don't-care-who. Must be another guest bedroom.