37. In My Heart

It was almost Valentine's Day. Somehow, I was more excited than ever. Feeling like our relationship had improved lately, I decided to ask Jimin out for lunch.

If Jimin wouldn't do it, I had to make the first move.

I carefully knocked on his bedroom door, and when he opened the door, I cut him off before he could speak. "It's almost Valentine, do you want to go to a real restaurant with me?" I asked frivolously.

"About Valentine's Day, I-"

"Oh no no!" I smiled, touching the area where my heart lied. "I know, on Valentine's Day, you will go out with Seolah."

"I mean-"

"So we can go before that, or after that, if you want to." I shrugged indifferently. "Taehyung just introduced me to this restaurant and I want to try it." With that, I showed him a picture of the restaurant.

"Then..." Jimin scratched the nape of his neck. "I would be busy that week, so... I don't think I can go." He truthfully replied.

I blinked, blinked, and blinked.

Then, I just smiled casually despite my head screaming disappointment. "Alright, I will invite somebody else then."

Well, considering the fact that Jimin only ate from his personal chef, it was understandable that he rejected my offer.

But seriously, just for once? After rescuing me as if I was his wife numerous times, he still rejected going out to eat with me?

Just one short simple meal?

--

Time passed as quickly as my uneasiness. On Valentine's noon, Jungkook was supposed to supervise me but somehow, he was busy, so as his other hyungs. Jungkook said that he already had men protecting me from afar, but right on this lovely romantic day when everyone got together, I was left all alone. Such a coincidence.

Why wasn't he busy yesterday or tomorrow?

It was lunchtime and I still wanted to go to this restaurant that Taehyung recommended. So I was about to call Jimin to see if he changed his mind.

But then, thinking about how Jimin and Seolah were probably having lunch right now, I stopped myself from interrupting the couple. However, there was still a part of me that wanted to jump off a cliff because of his hanging feeling.

I ended up going to the restaurant by myself. It took only 20 minutes of walking so I didn't have to spend more money on a cab. I had no idea where Jungkook's men were, but they should be following me around right now.

"Do you have a reservation?"

I looked at this fancy restaurant. I knew that it was always crowded, but didn't know that I had to reserve a table.

"I don't have one." I laughed nervously. "Then, may I reserve a table for later?"

"Yes, the earliest you can reserve is in two weeks from now. Today is Valentine so the restaurant is even more crowded. I am sorry."

What the mother of seven chairs?

But I really wanted to try out this place so I could take my dad to eat here. I guessed I could wait, it was only for two weeks. I had plenty of time before I could go back to 2020, again.

"Okay. I want the earliest day."

"It's on Monday, 6PM. Is that okay?"

"Yes."

"May I have your name, please?"

"Y/N. Koo Y/N."

Waiting for her to finish my reservation, I looked around the restaurant. It wasn't fancy as in luxury, but the prize here was expensive, so I heard. Since I was on Jimin's money, it was better to give it a try before I decided on taking my dad here.