5. Heaven

"Wh- what? Je-Jeju island?" My body trembled in disbelief.

"Here we go again." Yoongi sighed. "Boss, let's end here."

While I was still in the state of calculating how the fuck did I teleport from a park in Busan to a golf course in Jeju island, Mr. Camper beckoned Yoongi forward, whispering something into his ears.

I didn't pay much attention because the reality of being teleported across the ocean through a lake wasn't even near impossible.

"Alright." Yoongi cleared his throat. "Hoseok, Namjoon." He called, before grabbing the clothes at the nape of my neck aggressively. "You follow me."

Losing balance, I fell toward Yoongi's body. "No- no- please, I don't know what's going on! I was in Busan! I swear to- Ow!" Because Yoongi didn't look back, he managed to hit my back hard against the wall next to the door. So hard that I felt my body almost went numb.

"Be car-" Before Jin could finish his sentence, Yoongi hissed at me. "Hurry!"

"I- I-" My tears started to overflow. Mr. Camper's sweet smile disappeared behind the ugly wall, as well as Jin's worried face. I couldn't struggle to escape Yoongi's strong grip. "I don't want to die..." I said out loud, weeping for my own upcoming death.

My tombstone's reason for death: Trespassed a private property owned by a camper.

Sniff... I was only 22... I still had a life ahead... I hadn't finished university... I hadn't had fun... I hadn't said goodbye to my father...

And there I go, sent to the room, presumably sentenced to death.

--

Heaven. So this was how heaven felt like: soft, silky, and serene.

I scratched my neck, feeling way too comfortable. The bright light (must be from the Gate of Heaven where God was waiting for unsinful souls) projected directly onto my eyes. My body was floating. Then, I realized that I was still closing my eyes.

The bright light kept on shining, making me feel gradually annoyed. Why did Heaven need this much light? Shouldn't they save electricity?

My eyes slowly opened. The first thing I did was shutting my eyes again before opening them a second time. The light became brighter, and I came to my sense that it was from the sun.

But then, I saw the light coming through a floor-to-ceiling window right on my left. I squinted my eyes; a nightstand and black curtains appeared in my peripheral vision.

I looked to my right, noticing another nightstand and a few other furniture. My hands pinched the material underneath me. It wasn't the cloud, but a mattress. Touching a bit more, I realized it was just a bed.

"You're awake."

At that moment, I shot my eyes open. Sitting straight up, I looked around to find the owner of the voice.

Mr. Camper, who was sitting comfortably on a sofa adjacent to my bed, put his tablet down on the coffee table and flashed a smile at me. "I thought you were dead."

I blinked at me in astonishment. Why was he here in Heaven? Was I even in Heaven?

I instinctively looked down at my body; I sighed in relief as my clothes from yesterday were still intact. It was just a reflex whenever there was a stranger in the room.

"I'm dead?" I repeated his last word in vague.

"You slept like one."

Wait, I thought yesterday I was executed?