2. Mister Camper

"You little bitch!" He chased right behind me as I was praising myself for successfully fooling him with such a childish distraction strategy. To my surprise, he didn't pull his trigger to put a bullet through my head. So, my inner leopard instantly was switched on maximum, and I dashed toward the trees coming together to resemble a forest across the golf field.

I didn't know that I had this much stamina with me.

Thank goodness for the forest appearing out of nowhere next to the golf field, I assumed I had cut my tail. If this was a forest, I must have gone out of the golf property or something. Feeling more confident but at the same time more anxious, I kept walking rapidly in a straight line under the rustling trees, knowing nothing about what lied ahead.

"Ou-" I yelped as I fell unexpectedly. My face was technically [this] close to kiss the dirt but luckily enough, my arms were pushing against the ground in a plank position. My wrist 'cracked' a little and I started to feel the light and temporary pain. However, my right ankle was a different thing.

"Oh fuck my ex's mother-" I sighed when I saw a bleeding scratch on my right ankle. It wasn't a river of blood rushing out since it was only a scratch caused by an unknown object in the woods.

But it hurt.

"Hu..." I frowned, feeling a twitch formed in my stomach. A few drops of tears burst out, tracking down my face. My sticky clothes were so damn annoying that they kept me from actually feeling better. The smart craft hanging around was even making my mood worse.

I stood up, wiping away my useless tears. "Why am I even crying?" I muttered under my breath. Presuming that the bleeding would stop soon, I ignored the aching pain that I was having and continued to walk forward.

And then, after what it seemed like an eternity, I spotted a small open field with in front of me and the surreal forest. Realizing that I really really and really went out of the privately or publicly owned property, I sighed in relief. I stopped myself next to the big bush, noticing a lonely orange camping tent with a camping chair and a small bonfire. It was such a surprise to see a small river in front of the camp, sparkling under the bright moonlight. This small area surrounded by the woods was so poetic, together with a feathery wind of the end of the year which made it even more romantic.

But it wasn't the beautiful setting that hindered my further steps, it was a man.

The man who was sitting on that chair in front of the bonfire seemed to notice the invisible noises behind his back, so that was why his head was turning in my direction. For a brief moment, our eyes met. 

The round moon made his face so clear that I could describe some of his facial features. The previous man who held a gun against me was handsome, and this man, too! He was sitting there, approximately 20 feet away, but his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. His dark hair parted in the middle, showing his full plump lips separated a little. He looked so comfortable in that position, especially with his soft-looking clothes.

He didn't say anything, which made things even more awkward. If I could, I would probably observe him more.

"Hi, hi!" I waved my hands, trying to smile. "This is not in the golf course, right?"

He blinked twice before shaking his head.

"Oh, thank goodness." I stroked my chest to calm myself and turned to face him again with two steps closer. "Do you know a way out to the main road?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds. "Who are you?"

Taken aback by that question, I nervously laughed. "I- I don't know..."