49. A New Beginning

"Breaking news: Yoo Seolah and Park Jimin are breaking up..." I vacantly stared at the big TV screen in front of me with Haneul on my lap. Those words coming out of that reporter's mouth couldn't reach me anymore.

The news looked so familiar. Now it was all coming back to my head.

"Cheating with a minor?" Taehyung covered his mouth in shock as the TV showed a 'demonstrative graphic' of that minor. "Where did Seolah get that idea from?"

"Technically, Y/N in 2017 is still a minor. She's only 19 here." Jungkook commented as he chomped on the snack.

"So you mean Seolah thought this 2020 Y/N is 2017 Y/N?" Taehyung turned around to face Jungkook who was sitting next to me.

Oh no, this would definitely ruin Jimin's reputation for sure.

It was already the end of March. Even though Jimin wouldn't be discharged until this weekend, Seolah and her agency had already put out the public statement of their breakup after almost three years together. On the news, Seolah was the victim, Jimin was the bad guy, and 'I' was the evil mistress.

"Why didn't Jimin say anything?" Taehyung wondered.

"He promised Seolah he would stay quiet. I feel so guilty right now. I shouldn't be here..." I hung my head low, distracting my anxiousness by scratching Haneul's head.

"Y/N, don't feel that." Jungkook flashed me a reassuring smile. "That fact that ParkHere won't say anything can have a double-meaning. Either what Seolah said is true or what she said is complete bullshit that ParkHere doesn't bother to care."

"The public won't ever know the truth." Taehyung sipped his morning coffee. "I'm curious how Jimin's parents will react over this. They know about Jimin and Y/N, but-"

"Will Jimin hyung be investigated by the police? I mean, he's dating a minor-"

"Can the police do that?" I was petrified.

"No, Y/N, the police don't have the guts to touch ParkHere or Jimin." Taehyung chuckled.

"Now I remember the reason for their breakup. My friends and I were on Seolah's side at that time, how ironic. Lots of my classmates talked about how corrupted Jimin was, but I guess I was the cause of everything..." I scoffed as I pet the kitten in my arms. 

It was coming back, my memories.

If I didn't mistake, my friends back in high school were the evil netizens who would comment on every post related to Park Jimin on the Internet just to curse him and his 'minor lover.' Since ParkHere didn't speak up about this matter, most people decided that what Seolah said was right.

It was because of me after all.

"Rumors will die down soon. ParkHere is too strong for this." Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly. 

--

"Did you see the news?" I asked Jimin while cutting some apples for him. 

Jimin who just came out of the bathroom replied carefreely. "Yeah. Nothing too bad."

Before I could say anything Seolah-related, Jimin sat down in front of me. "Forget about everything, let's talk about us."

"Us?"

"We're going to Tokyo this weekend." He said seriously.

"What? But you will be discharged on Saturday-"

"Then we will go on Saturday." Jimin cut me short. "By the way, don't worry about having your face on TV. I guarantee that it won't happen."

He beamed widely, holding my face between his hands. "I can't wait to spend more time with you, Y/N."