12. A Misunderstanding

It was 6:30 in the morning. The sun had been slapping at my face for as long as I could remember. I sat up straight on the kitchen stool, facing the door like I was about the murder it. I hummed the favorite melody of a killer while holding a knife to slice some beef, ready to make breakfast.

Woke up at 5 o'clock in a very uncomfortable and ugly position on the rug in the living room, I felt like my neck was broken and my bones were dislocated. My mentality was still in 2020 so I freaked out for a short 10 seconds before realizing that I was in 2016.

In general, Jimin still wasn't home.

All of a sudden, the door was unlocked. I tried my best to remain my stable composure as I saw Jimin stepped inside the house in my periphery. He was still wearing the same suit as yesterday morning. However, he didn't look like he had been through hell.

"Oh, you're awa-" He looked rather surprised.

"Yes. My 'roommate' was being too loud." I cut out a piece of meat, aggressively throwing it into the transparent bowl next to the cutting board.

"Yesterday I-"

"Oh no, don't. I need no explanation." I smiled peacefully, still slicing meat. "Why would I need one? I don't care, actually."

Then, I proceeded to throw the meat into the bowl while smiling like I was throwing someone's balls.

"What are these?" Jimin noticed a bunch of empty Soju bottles and beer cans lining up perfectly on the kitchen counter in front of me, forming a big 'Hi' on the surface.

"Can't you see? They said hi."

Jimin stared at the result of my insanity before looking up to see me still holding a knife, ready to stab the enemy.

"Y/N, I should have-"

"Yes yes, you should have texted me." I put (slammed) down the knife, making Jimin slightly alert. His usual arrogant and smug attitude had been replaced by a scared puppy's reaction. "Let me tell you this. Maybe your phone was dead, you can still charge it. Maybe your phone was broken, you can still buy a new one or borrow your friends' phone. Maybe you didn't bother to tell me, you can still tell someone else to tell me."

"Me and-"

"Ah yeah, you were too busy with your girlfriend. Oh, did you know? She came here yesterday to surprise you. I don't know what got into her mind when she came to your house on Monday morning when everybody left for work." I kept smiling at him, not backing down.

"No, I was in Jeju island to figure out a way to help you. And yes, I should have texted you, and I'm sorry about that. I was too busy." He spoke (rapped) so rapidly as if he was afraid that I would cut him off at some point.

I blinked innocently at him, carefully examining his face which was screaming 'true true true'. My [sarcastic] smile was immediately taken down when I realized my mistake.

"Oh my, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"You didn't let me!" He exclaimed.

"Well, considering the situation right now, I have to right to do that." I crossed my arms, still having my cocky face out.

He stayed quiet for a few seconds before his lips broke into a proud and overconfident smirk. "Are you angry?"

"Angry? Ha! Why? Why do I have to? I don't feel anything. I wasn't even scared when I slept alone last night. I'm not angry. I'm totally calm and fine. It's not like you owe me dinner or an explanation. We're just two human beings co-habiting in peace." I chuckled in fake amusement. This time, it was my turn to rap.