52. Last Moments Together

Time flew so fast for everyone even when it stopped just for me. When I closed my eyes, it was still summer, and that Jimin and I were making out in his private swimming pool inside one of his hotels. But when I opened my eyes, it was already autumn in late October, meaning that it was time for me to go home. 

To go back to 2020.

Jimin used all of his power to block the flow of people into the park in Busan, where my time travel would take place. He had guards all around the park; meanwhile, the other six members were also taking the security of the park to a brand new level. They were determined to bring me home, safe.

We still had an hour left before midnight so Jimin and I were walking around the lake, hand in hand, as we conversed our last words together in this timeline. 

I had already said goodbye to the rest of Jimin's team beforehand. Jungkook and Taehyung were crying out loud as they couldn't stop hugging me. Yoongi had his back facing me the whole time, only murmuring a tiny 'be safe'. Hoseok and Jin were smiling and hoping to see me in three years' time. Namjoon nicely shook hands with me as I thanked him for being such a genius. 

These last few days I had spent a lot of time with all of them since they took their time off from work just to celebrate me going home soon. It was even a harder goodbye than the previous time. Since I had spent a full year with these people, it was also difficult for me to not being able to stay with them for the next three years.

"Just go and don't come back this time." Yoongi said, still not facing me. "If you do, I won't hesitate to execute you."

I frowned. "Whatever, I can't die anyway."

"Y/N, remember that during your past few years, there are always seven people supporting you from behind." Taehyung grinned in tears.

"Yes yes, I remembered those seven stalkers."

Now, there were only Jimin and me. He held my hand in his, so tight that he wouldn't want to let go.

"When you go back there safely, you will be seeing me there with you." He smiled. "I will wear the same outfit like today's."

I scoffed. "You shouldn't be wearing a suit in a park, Jimin-ssi. And during those three years, just don't overdo anything."

Jimin chuckled. "I can't guarantee something I can't control."

We chatted and then fell into silence; none of us wanted this moment to end.

Under the dim streetlight, I looked up to him. "I want to change something."

"Change what?"

"Do you remember how I said our destiny was 'normal'? I want to change it to a 'good' destiny." I beamed happily. "We're clearly destined to meet each other. A good destiny had brought us together through a time portal. It wanted both of us to be happy, so it should be a 'good' destiny then."

"Yeah." Jimin nodded. "It's never a coincidence of you to appear in my golf course."

"And it's never a coincidence every time we found each other in our hardest time."

We stopped at the small pier where I was on exactly three years later. Jimin gazed into my eyes while I noticed how red his eyes had become. We were both suppressing our tears since we agreed on making it the best night of the year, but it was too emotional to not cry.

"Y/N... you've been through a lot." Jimin said. "During the next three years, I will be watching you."

"You don't have to do it..."

"I will be praying for you, too." Jimin touched the side of my face. "I will be keeping you safe, I will be helping you whenever you're down and alone, I will be with you from behind to keep you stand up straight."