27. A Protective Embrace

The next morning I was woken up by Jungkook. Last night, I slept much better thanks to Jungkook openly talked to me about his feelings. It was still dark outside so I wondered what time was it in the morning.

4:00 a.m.

"Y/N, we have to go now." Jungkook said quietly.

My eyes shot opened as fear raged within me. "Wh- what happened?"

"We need to get back to Seoul first. I just received contact from Jimin hyung. Everyone is safe, don't worry."

I nodded as I started to pack, it wasn't like I had many things anyway.

"We're not entirely safe on our way to the airport, Y/N. I want you to be in your best mentality, but I will definitely protect you. I will explain more on our way." Jungkook said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room.

I trusted Jungkook and myself. We would be fine and safe.

Not saying goodbye to the monk, Jungkook and I got inside the car and launched ourselves forward. Jungkook acted so quickly that my brain's processing ability hadn't caught up yet.

"If everyone is safe, why aren't we safe yet?" I asked.

Jungkook concentrated on the road as he sped the car. "Hoseok hyung said there are several suspicious cars left that they didn't have time to deal with, but the area around the airport is clear so we have to go sooner than later. They are waiting at the airport for us to come."

"Okay... which enemy is this? I mean, you must have a lot."

"The Bloodtubs. You heard the name, didn't you?"

"Oh yeah, they are the most dangerous..." A literal tub full of blood was my first impression, but these guys really took the phrase to a figurative meaning.

"When we get back to Seoul, we are going to Jimin's office instead of the penthouse. There are jobs that are needed to be done in the office." Jungkook added.

I was so thankful that Jungkook told me all of this, or not I would become even more useless.

"So-"

"Fuck!" Jungkook cursed out of the blue making me startled. He was looking through the rear mirror, his face grimaced.

As Jungkook sped the car even more, I saw a truck, a freaking huge dark-colored truck, was approaching from behind like it was going to roll over both of us.

"Shit! Jimin hyung is right." Jungkook gritted his teeth.

"Wh- what's right?"

"They're targeting you, not anyone else!"

"M- me?" I stuttered, widening my eyes.

Jungkook lost focus for a second, and the truck already hit the back of our car, making both of us shove forward and hit our heads hardly. The car seemed to lose its direction as it swerved around for a few seconds before Jungkook gained control of the driving wheel again.

"Son of the bitch." He didn't give up easily as he accelerated. "Are you okay?"

"Ye- yeah, I'm okay." Luckily, our heads were safe from bleeding.

Jungkook set the car to self-drive mode before he pulled out a long gun from under his seat. Loading the gun, Jungkook told me to keep an eye on the road as he rolled the window down and started shooting repeatedly.

The gunshots still gave me nightmares, but since there were only me and Jungkook, I couldn't lose focus and be a weakling.

What if we don't make it?