84

The next couple weeks flew by, we solidified a lot of stuff for the wedding. Kat and I had an exstensive argument about what flowers would look good at the venue, but we eventually figured it out. We still had so much to do but we were taking a few weeks off from planning, since it started to get a little overwhelming.

Right now Colby and I were trying to get Mia to eat baby food for the first time. We wanted to wait until I wouldn't absolutely lose my mind over it, which just so happened to be today.

"What if she's allergic to carrots?" I asked Colby nervously as he opened the jar, "then we rush her to the hospital." He said and smiled softly at me, "it's gonna be okay Cor, I know you're scared but we have to do this eventually." He said and picked the spoon up as Mia looked at me with curiousity in her eyes. "Okay.." I breathed out and took the spoon from Colby. "You wanna try some carrots sweet girl?" I asked her and scooped a small bit of it onto the spoon.

I plastered a smile on my face and brought the spoon up to her mouth, "yummy carrots!!" I cooed as she just looked at me blankly, "look! It's good!" I said and shoved the spoon in Colby's mouth, shocking him. "Mmmmm" he mumbled and nodded his head with the most unconvincing look on his face. Mia giggled as I quickly grabbed another scoop and put it in her mouth. She just stared at me, as I nodded, "it's good!" I said and wiped the goop off of her face with my finger. She frowned and started crying, "I don't think she likes them." Colby said and reached over to wipe her tears, "Do you want mommy to try them? Yeah?" He asked and gently took the spoon from my hands, then scooped some into my mouth, "oh...so good." I lied and nodded at her. I really didn't blame her for not liking them, they were awful.

She was not having it and just kept spitting the food out and crying. "Okay, that's enough for today." I sighed out and closed the jar before looking at Colby with a frown. "It's okay, she will eventually do it. I'll go heat up a bottle for her." He said and kissed my cheek then got up to go grab some milk from the freezer. Mia looked up at me with glassy eyes as I wiped her face down with a wet towel, "it's okay sweetheart, you did good." I cooed and pinched her cheek causing her to smile.

"Oohhh trying solid foods?" Sam asked as he came into the kitchen, "key word, trying. She didn't do very well with it." I said and pulled the carrot coated bib off of her. "Carrots are gross." Sam said and I laughed, "aren't you allergic to them?" I asked and he shrugged, "I don't know probably." He said then pulled out some bread to make a sandwich. "You want one?" He asked and I nodded happily, "Sammy makes the best sammys" I said and laughed at myself as he shook his head with disapproval.

Mia giggled with me as Colby came back into the kitchen, "see? Mia thinks I'm funny, right little one??" I asked and took both of her hands and waved them around. Colby chuckled and went to the stove to boil some water.

Sam handed me a sandwich and I showed it to Mia, "see? When you learn to eat solid food you get to eat yummy stuff like this." I said and took a bite as Sam and Colby just stared at me, "I think she's actually losing her mind." Colby said and Sam agreed.

"CORA ELIZABETH WILLIAMS." Kat yelled causing me to flinch with wide eyes, "what did I do?" I asked as she came in, "your birthday is next week!" She yelled and I laughed, "no, halloween is next week." I said and rolled my eyes. "Your birthday IS Halloween." She groaned and I just laughed, "I know that! But I don't want to celebrate it this year, it's
Mia's first Halloween." I said and Colby frowned, "we have to celebrate it though! I can't believe it's already almost Halloween." He breathed out, "yeah, I forgot too, since we haven't been really doing scary things on our channels because of the last time." Sam said as I pulled Mia out of her chair.

"All I want for my birthday is for Mia to have a good time. I already bought her costume." I said with a shrug, "YOU REMEMBERED HALLOWEEN?" Kat yelled and gasped, "well yeah, it's my birthday of course I'm gonna keep track of when it is." I said with a laugh and grabbed the bottle from Colby, then started feeding Mia.

"I was thinking we could have a huge party like old times but with Mia being here I don't think it's a good idea." Sam said as I sat on the bar stool at the island. "No you can still have a party, it would just have to start a little later." I said and shrugged looking down at Mia.

"How about we have a birthday dinner for you, then we go trick or treating with Mia, we can get a hotel and they can have their huge party." Colby said and I frowned at him, "you can go to the party too, I don't mind staying with Mia alone, I want you to have fun." He just breathed out a small laugh and kissed my cheek, "I'm not leaving you on your birthday like that." I nodded and looked up at Kat,

"Do those plans satisfy you?" I asked and she nodded happily, "yes. Find out where you want to go for dinner and I'll make the reservation." She said and skipped out of the kitchen.

"That's one hell of a girl." Sam said and looked where Kat had just left, "yeah, you should put a ring on it." I said and raised my brows, "calm down, not all of us are ready to be married at the age of 22 and 23." He said and pointed to us, "I'll be 24 when we get married." Colby said with a matter of fact tone. "Whatever. Kat and I still aren't ready for that." Sam said then grabbed his water and left the room.

Once he was gone I started burping Mia, and looked up at Colby. "I'm serious, you love parties Colby. If you want to go for a little bit, Mia and I will be alright." I said and he shook his head, "I love you more than I love parties." He said and I laughed, "I know that, but I feel like you never get to spend time with your other friends." I said with a sigh. He sat down next to me and put his hand on my leg,

"We both had to make sacrifices when we became parents, that was one I had to make. It's okay," he said and I nodded slowly, "please just say you'll think about going for a little bit." I said and pulled Mia from my shoulder, then wiped her mouth. "I'll think about it." He said and grabbed Mia from me so I could clean up.

"What costume did you get her?" He asked and rocked her to sleep, "a pumpkin! She's gonna be so cute Colby." I said and pouted as I rinsed out her bottle. "And what are you going to be?" He asked and I shrugged, "a tired mom. I don't really know what to dress up as at this point." I said and wiped down her high chair, "you could also be a pumpkin." He said with a shrug, "I guess I could be. Sorry it's not the sexiest thing." I said and he laughed, "everything you do it sexy." He said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Relax Brock. What are you going to be?" I asked and he smirked, "probably a pumpkin." He said and I laughed, "very original! I wonder where you came up with the idea!" I said sarcastically which made him laugh, "I suck at thinking of costumes. I literally just threw a pink shirt on one year and said I was a pig." He said and I laughed, "yeah, I mean all we did last year was throw on some jail onesies and called it a day." I said and let my mind wonder off to my birthday last year, when we went to that haunted house then had the most fun birthday party I had ever had. It was fun, and times were a little simpler then. It's crazy to think where we were a year ago versus now. If you would have told us on Halloween last year that we would have a kid and our wedding half planned out I don't know how we would have reacted.

I couldn't really complain though, our lives turned upside down after that night, which caused me to the person I am today. I've grown a lot since that night.

I guess I could say I wouldn't change anything that happened since that night.