51

When I woke up it was dark outside, meaning I definitely slept all day. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up, looking around the room. I got out of bed, stretching my back as it cracked. When I looked at myself in the mirror I flinched at how much of a mess I looked. My hair was still in the bun I had put it in when at the krac house last night. There were milk stains on my sweatshirt and the bags under my eyes were the darkest they have ever been.

I decided while I had this moment alone I could wash my face and take the time to take care of myself. I scrubbed my cheeks with cleanser and closed my eyes. I have been so tense lately, constantly worrying about the baby and even about Colby. I shook my head and rinsed my face off, feeling a bit more refreshed.

I made my way to the closet and changed into leggings and a crewneck and pulled my hair down from my bun fluffing it out.

As I walked out of the closet Colby was walking into the room, "oh! You're awake." He said with a smile and came up to me, pulling me to him by my waist, "what time is it? How long was I out?" I asked and laid my head on his chest, "it's 10 pm, so only like 10 hours." He said and rested his chin on my head, "how's Mia?" I asked and pulled away to start walking to the nursery but he pulled my arm back, "she's fine love, I wanna show you something." He said softly and pulled me towards him. I looked at him suspiciously but let him lead me out of the room.

"Can I...can I just go give her a kiss?" I asked and stopped before he could lead me downstairs. He smiled at me softly, "of course." He said and gestured to the nursery. I scurried to the door and opened it to see Mia sleeping in her crib. I smiled, but didn't want to wake her. "Love you sweet girl." I whispered then closed the door and went back over to Colby.

"Okay I'm ready." I said and grabbed his hand, "that was quick." He said with a chuckle, "she was asleep I didn't want to wake her up." I said as we walked down the stairs. It was oddly quiet as we walked through the hallway, "what's going on?" I asked and Colby just kept walking, not answering.

He led me out to the backyard where there was a table set up with a white table cloth and rose petals around it and a candle placed in the middle. Fairy lights were hung around it as the waterfall by the pool was on. I felt tears fill my eyes as I bit my lip.

Sam walked up wearing a white button down shirt and black jeans, "ah table for 2?" He asked and giggled as Colby looked at me with a wide grin as the tears of happiness spilled over, "what is this?" I asked as Sam led us to the table. Colby once again ignored me as he pulled my chair out so I could sit. "Thanks." I whispered as he walked over to his side of the table. "You know I'm not dressed up for an occasion like this.." I said as he grabbed my hand which was resting on the table, "you look breathtaking." He said with a soft smile.

"What is this?" I asked again as Jake set down some wine for us, I hadn't been able to drink since I got pregnant with Mia and I wasn't really supposed to drink a lot because I still had to feed Mia my milk. A glass of wine wouldn't hurt though.

"I just want you to know how much I love and appreciate you. You've been such a good mother to Mia and I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You deserve the whole world baby girl, and I'm gonna give it to you." He said and rubbed my hand with his thumb. "I love you so much you have no idea." I said as he brought my hand to his lips.

Corey came up and dropped off our salads, "enjoy!" He said and scurried off. I giggled, "how did you convince them to do this?" I said and started to eat, not realizing how hungry I was. "They wanted to help. The guys set it up and wanted to be a part of it because they agree that you don't give yourself enough credit. How are you feeling by the way?" He asked and I smiled, "much better. Thank you for letting me sleep." I said and smiled up at him, "it's the least I can do since I kinda left you hanging." I rolled my eyes playfully, "you didn't leave me hanging Colby. I told you to go." I said with a giggle as Sam brought out our dinner, "you cooked steak?" I asked and looked at the steak and potatoes in front of me, "hell no we postmated it." Colby said with a laugh.

We enjoyed our food and talked about anything that came to mind, we decided we wanted to get married in the winter, so Mia would have some time to grow up and be a part of the wedding, she would still be less than a year old but she would have a lot more of a personality at that point. We moved onto dessert which was molten lava cakes, "you're spoiling me." I said with a giggle and looked up at Colby. He had a look of pure admiration as his eyes combed my face, I blushed and brought my hands to my mouth, hiding the smile that was forming from him looking at me like that.

"Will you dance with me?" He asked quietly, "there's no music Colby." I said with a giggle, "I don't care, come on." He said and pulled me up out of my chair. He spun me around slowly then wrapped his hands around my waist pulling my hips to his as I wrapped my arms around his neck, lacing my fingers through his hair. "I love you." He whispered as we swayed to the imaginary music. "I love you too." I whispered back, listening to his heartbeat, as I laid my head on his chest.

"Thank you." I said quietly and looked up at him, "no, thank you." He said and kissed my forehead. He spun me around as I giggled, "when did you become a dancer?" I asked and he shrugged, "Corey taught me" I smiled, "that's hot." I said causing him to laugh, "no thats you," he said and I shook my head, "in fact..you're so hot I might just have to throw you into the pool," he said with a smirk, "don't you dare, Brock." I said and backed away from him as he smirked mischievously, "I don't know, I think it's a fire hazard having a open flame like this." He said and stepped towards me causing me to giggle and shriek as I ran away. "Sam!!" I yelled as he came out to check on us. He laughed and grabbed my arms so Colby could sling me over his shoulder. I laughed loudly and hit his back, "put me down!" I giggled out, "okay!" He said and let go, tossing me into the pool.

When I resurfaced I gasped and looked up to see both Sam and Colby dying of laughter, "you think its funny?" I asked and started to pull myself out of the pool. "I think it's hilarious baby girl." Colby said with a laugh as he wiped his fake tears of laughter. I smirked and ran up to him, throwing my arms around him, "oh!!!" He yelled in suprise clearly not noticing that I was already out of the pool. "It's so funny now isn't it!" I said with a laugh as I held onto him tightly, he looked down at me and laughed, he started to say something but was interrupted by Sam pushing us both into the pool.

"SAM!" I yelled and he laughed, "what? You were already wet. He said then turned around and went back inside. I turned towards Colby as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into him. I smiled and wrapped my legs around his waist, twisting my fingers through his newly wet hair. "I love that smile." He murmured quietly and examined my features as if I was going to disappear right in front of his eyes. I smiled wider and placed my hand on his cheek as he held me. The water around us was still, leaving me feeling like time stopped for us in this moment.

I'm not sure how long we stayed like that but I knew in this moment that I was happy, and I was loved.

I was so very grateful.

A/N: I just wanted to thank you guys again for being so supportive of this book! Your comments mean the world to me. Thank you for reading I love you guys I can't believe this book is already at 14k views and has over 50 parts haha thank you again ❤️