29

"Okay, don't kill me but...8 centimeters." Claire said causing me to groan, "only 8?! It's been like 9 hours please..you have to do something." I begged as Colby held my hand, he was rubbing my forearm with his other hand as I broke down into sobs. My contractions were now 5 minutes apart and 48 seconds each.

The epidural was working but it only took away some of the pain. I could feel my legs since it was a low dose that I was given which only made me want to walk around. "There's nothing I can do we just have to wait, you're almost there though, 2 more centimeters and we are gonna get her out of there." She said as Colby leaned down and kissed my head.

I felt defeated as she walked out of the room. "This is the worst thing ever." I mumbled and Colby frowned. We didn't send anyone in to come visit because Colby and I haven't really had any time alone in here. "I wish I could take the pain from you baby girl, I wish I could help more." He said and handed me the cup of ice chips that was next to my bed. I was starving, but wasn't allowed to eat which only made things more frustrating. "You're helping a lot..just you being here is enough for me." I said and chewed on my ice. "I love you." He mumbled quietly as he watched me intently. "I love you too." I said and cupped his face.

Four more hours passed and I was still only 8 centimeters dilated, "JESUS CHRIST." I yelled and chucked my cup of ice across the room as tears brimmed my eyes.

Sam and Kat looked at me with wide eyes and Colby tried to comfort me, "how is she going to come A MONTH early but then be in there for 13 FUCKING HOURS after my water breaks." I yelled and sobbed. "I know it's frustrating, love." Colby said and massaged my head, trying to calm me down, "oh you KNOW?! You KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE YOUR INSIDES BE RIPPED OUT?! BECAUSE THATS WHAT IT FUCKING FEELS LIKE." I yelled and Kat stifled a laugh, "WHAT?!" I yelled at her and she giggled, "I have just never seen you this angry before...especially to Colby." She said and pointed to him, "well I wouldn't be yelling at him if he didn't fucking do this to me." I grumbled and gestured to my belly as Colby chuckled, "I thought you liked that part.." he said and Sam cracked up. "My pain is funny to you guys? Get the fuck out." I said and rolled my eyes, pointing to the door.

"Calm down Cora, we are just laughing because you're usually so docile. I'm sorry for laughing, do you want me to grab Claire?" Sam asked and I nodded, gritting my teeth, "please." I said and he left the room.

"You have to relax, I'm sure that being upset isn't good for the baby," Kat said and leaned forward to take my hand. I sighed trying to get myself together, "you're right. I'm just...it's so uncomfortable." I said and leaned my face into Colby's hand as he caressed my cheek. "You're doing so good though, like you're a total badass." She said as Sam and Claire came in, "I agree." Sam said and pointed to Kat. "I do too." Colby mumbled and took my free hand in his again.

"I agree, okay you two know the drill by now." Claire said and looked towards Sam and Kat, "yep! See you in a minute Cor." Kat said as they left the room.

She checked to see if there was any progress but sighed, "Nope. Still 8." She said as I felt more tears form on my cheeks, "please. Can we do something to speed this up, I'm seriously dying here." I said as my chin trembled, "let's try getting you to your feet, let's take a walk, maybe go to the waiting room and see everyone?" She suggested and smiled sadly at me. "Okay." I said and held my hands up so Colby could help me get out of the bed, I sighed as my legs almost gave out. Sitting in a bed for 13 hours can really make your legs feel like jello. Colby held me up until I found the strength to stand by myself.

My mood brightened a little as we slowly made our way down the hall. I held Colby's arm with one arm and held onto the IV poll that was connected to me with the other. We slowly shuffled down the hall. I had to stop every once in a while to hold my stomach and groan from the pain.

Colby was so supportive through it all though, "I'm sorry for being such a bitch." I said as we continued walking, "it's okay baby girl, take everything out on me, I know you're hurting so take your pain out on me." He said and held me a little closer to him.

When we got to the waiting room I opened the door slowly and peaked my head out, everyone was here causing my eyes to water,

My dad, Colby's parents, Jake, Tara, Corey, Devyn, Reggie, Cassie, Mike, Kevin, Aryia, Kat, and Sam. Even Xepher and Griffin were here and I have never even formally met them. Kevin looked up first and saw me, "HEYYY" he yelled happily as I waved at everyone. They all looked up at me with smiles, "you're doing such a good job!" Tara yelled and held her thumbs up. "We love you!" Jake yelled after causing me to break down.

I knew why Claire wanted me to come out here now. I felt myself get a second wind, and I felt stronger than ever. The support and love that radiated through the room sent shivers down my spine. "I love you guys too." I blubbered out.

2 more hours passed since I went on my little walk and I had a good feeling about this visit from Claire. "Okay. Let's check it out." She said and checked the progress as I bit my lip and looked up at Colby. "Cora.." she breathed out causing my heart to sink.

"You're ten centimeters, it's go time."

A/N: hehe I know I'm dragging this out a little bit but I wanted to make sure that I took my time with this part. Also I'm trying to decide how much I want to explain in the next part hahah it won't be gross I promise that though! Thank you so much for your support and comments it meets a lot to me!! I'll hopefully be able to get another chapter out today. Love you!!