Marinette drew out a deep breath. She could almost hear her own heart hammering away relentlessly between her ears.

  The area was warm, and Marinette could see her best friend laying beneath a dull light. Alya glanced down at a bundle of blankets she held in her arms tautly. 

Granted, it was expected that Alya wouldn't look her best. She wasn't wearing her glasses, and her hair was tied up into a messy bun that was about ready to come undone off the side of her head.

   Alya glanced up at Marinette as the young woman hesitantly approached the side of the bed. Nino followed Marinette close behind before he carefully closed the door behind him.
"Marinette?" Alya mused, quickly looking down at the small baby in her arms. "I'd like you to meet our new daughter, Taliah..."

Marinette gasped, her heart squeezing in her chest the moment Alya introduced her and Nino's new daughter.
  She was finally an auntie! Marinette had a niece! The thought was incredibly riveting.
The young woman peered over, her blue eyes landing on a beautiful small baby who nuzzled into the pink soft blanket.

  Marinette widened her eyes, her heart jumping in her chest the moment she heard the small coo of the baby. Taliah squirmed within her mother's arms, the small child yawned, balling her small fists and rubbing her cheeks delicately before relaxing into the blanket once more.
  "Alya, she's absolutely beautiful!" Marinette breathed, reaching over to brush her fingertips across the child's soft hair. 

  Nino smiled, sitting on the edge of the hospital bed and watching the two women who admired the newborn. 

"Thank you," Alya murmured, biting her lip while she brushed her fingertip over Taliah's cheek. "I can't believe I finally met my little munchkin. I'm a mother now..."

  Marinette smiled, cocking her head to the side with a soft hum.

  "She's got Nino's head," Marinette giggled, leaning against the bed as Taliah opened her mouth, looking for something to latch on to.

"I hope it wasn't too much trouble to push that out. I'm sure Nino was mentally preparing himself to see his head shape come out of you after all the videos he's watched and showed Adrien." 

Nino rolled his eyes playfully, standing up and away from the bed with crossed arms. 
  "You know I'm still standing here, right?"

Marinette reached up, tugging her bottom lid and sticking her tongue out in successful attempt to mock him.

"I had the epidural," Alya replied, nuzzling into her baby, "So she was easy as pie. I'm not saying I want to do this again, but I'm incredibly tired." 

  Marinette released her eyelid, watching as Nino moved next to Alya and carefully wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Both new parents glanced down at their baby in awe.

  Marinette stepped away, her blue eyes lowering. It was truly a beautiful sight, and Marinette knew she should be happy for her friends, but she couldn't help but to feel a little hurt. 

She had always dreamed about something like this. In fact, she had once dreamed about this with Felix and then when she had fallen for Adrien, she indulged herself into thoughts of having children with him. 

Alya and Nino truly did love one another and it shattered Marinette's heart into several pieces that she ruined that for herself.

She wasn't sure what had happened between Adrien and Kagami, but the more Marinette thought about it, the more she was afraid of his answer. She didn't want to believe that Adrien was that sort of person, but there was nothing else she could go on. The whole situation just looked really bad.