Chapter 62 ⚠️

Começar do início

  His heart sank, the last thing he wanted to do was make someone cry, but he couldn't continue dealing with the lie anymore. Kagami may have lied to him in the past, but he had no plans of doing it to her or to Marinette. It wasn't how his brain was wired.

"Kagami, I've fallen for someone else..." he confessed, his voice quivering as he looked away. He moved his eyes down to the ground, his heart aching in his chest as he feared the way she'd react to hearing this news.
Kagami froze, her eyes remaining on his face even as he looked away. 

  She clenched her fists, her cheeks growing impossibly red as her chest grew tight with utter pain. 

"W-What?" She asked, her voice becoming hoarse as she tried to recall anyone it could have been. "Are you seriously still married to her?!"

  Adrien quickly glanced back at her, his eyes sharp as he kept his visage firm. 

"Whether I'm married to her or not, it’s not any of your business. The fact of the matter is that I've started a new chapter in my life. I think it's time you do the same. Now, we can end this conversation now and I'll go to your home as promised and help you move. We can say our final goodbyes and attempt to keep in touch or you can continue doing what you're doing, I change my number and you'll be on your own when it comes to moving. You'll never see me again, you'll never hear me again and the moment you step foot off my property, that would be considered our final goodbye," Adrien explained, slowly crossing his arms despite Kagami trembling with both fear and anger.

"I guess you make that choice," Adrien sighed, soon pressing his lips together as the cold air had started to get to him. He had completely lost track of time and Adrien started to worry that Marinette had already returned home. 

"Fine..." Kagami muttered, clenching her fists as she tried to calm herself from the jealousy that radiated from her chest. She hadn't heard anything about his marriage to Marinette Dupain-Cheng, but she couldn't help but be suspicious that Adrien had decided to settle for her after they broke up. If Marinette stole yet another person from her, she wasn't sure what she'd do. 

First, Luka...now Adrien? Did Marinette have no morals whatsoever?
Kagami exhaled, glancing away as her jealousy over the situation was starting to get the better of her. 

"Just...answer my phone calls next time," she muttered, awkwardly turning away from him and storming out of the garden.

Adrien sighed, his green eyes watching her as she turned her back to him. 

________________________________________

Marinette staggered into the kitchen, her vision completely blinded by her own tears. Her heart beat painfully inside of her chest and Marinette felt her stomach flip.

   It felt tight, and Marinette gagged as her anxiety began to overwhelm her. 
She felt sick. 
Her heart hurt.

Marinette couldn't believe she trusted someone like him. 

Was this a curse?
Every person she'd ever kissed left her. 

Even Luka...especially when she had rejected him for someone who would eventually go back to his ex. 

  The young woman pressed her lips together tightly, desperate to keep both her sobs and her vomit inside of her mouth as she quickly climbed up the stairs with cold blood.

  Her scalp had felt completely numb and Marinette felt incredibly dizzy while she staggered to the room that she knew kept her old things in.

  She sloppily dragged out her suitcase, her face incredibly flushed as she grabbed whatever clothes she could and stuffed it inside of her suitcase. She blinked away her tears, grabbing at her clothes violently until her nails bent and bled.

  She hastily zipped up her suitcase, exhaling as she tried to will away the thought of vomiting. 

  Marinette stood up on her feet, her knees about ready to fall in. She reached up, picking off her broken nails before she rubbed the tears away from her eyes.

  She wanted to scream. She wanted to sob, she wanted to stomp, punch and kick until everything was out. She had enough of people walking all over her and Adrien was certainly the last person she'd expect to do something like that to her. 

   Marinette gasped, gripping onto her suitcase as Tikki purred softly and rubbed her head against her ankles. Marinette sniffled, reaching down to pet the small cat with a grimace. Her blue eyes moved up towards the window as the wind began to brush violently against the glass

And yes, she was taking the cat too.

________________________________________

Adrien wandered back through the back slider doors, shivering as the kitchen felt abnormally cold. He closed the doors behind him, his green eyes moving across the tiled floor with ease. 

   He widened his eyes, his heart sinking as the front door was left ajar.

"Marinette?" Adrien called out, glancing around as he gently began to wander towards the front door. 

   Adrien paused, his eyes fixated on the small table that sat by the door.
In the moonlight, Adrien could see the glistening shine of his mother's ring that sat beneath the window. 

Adrien felt his heart stop and in that short moment, the walls immediately felt like they were closing in on him.