She exhaled, feeling relief and appreciation for Adrien's rapid response to her calls. Granted, she did feel a little guilty that Adrien left work early, but there was something warm in the thought that she was his first priority.

"Do you know how she's doing?" Adrien asked, lowering his hands down to her waist so that he could pull her in a soft hug. He knew that seeing something like that must've been scary for her, and Adrien was glad that Alya was kept away from it all. A scare that bad wouldn't be good for Alya or the baby she was carrying.

"Y-Yeah. The doctor said she overdosed on opioids, and the alcohol she consumed with it didn't help either. I know they were able to stabilize her and Chloe did regain consciousness, but I'm wondering if she could even remember what had happened at all," Marinette replied, her voice quivering as she leaned against him.

Adrien furrowed his brow, glancing back at the slider doors for Chloe's ICU room.

"Opioids? Since when does Chloe Bourgeois use opioids?" He questioned, stepping aside from her with a look of perplexity.

Marinette shrugged. She was tired, her eyes were bloodshot, and she couldn't think straight. It took hours to move Chloe from the emergency room to the ICU, and she figured if Chloe had become more stabilized, perhaps they'd move her to another unit until she got better.

Nevertheless, Marinette's curiosity was peaked. She wanted to know what Chloe had been doing, and if she needed anyone to talk to, Marinette would be willing to lend an ear.

"I'm not sure, I know she's in there by herself, but I haven't had the courage to go in and talk to her. I worry that she may have experienced something traumatic, and perhaps was trying to get a result of something but she wasn't successful," Marinette breathed, reaching up to rub her eyes once more.

"You mean she tried to commit suicide?" Adrien asked, his green eyes blinking incoherently at the thought.

This whole time he thought Chloe was spoiled while growing up. Granted, she was still a bit rough around the edges but he'd like to believe she had grown from that. She certainly wasn't completely insufferable, and for a moment, Adrien was sure to have seen some humanity come from her. She was being nice to Marinette, Alya, and Nino so there was something good coming from her.

He never thought that Chloe would be broken enough to try to take her own life.
"I can't really say for sure. I want to believe it was an accident, but if she's going through something, I'd want her to at least know that I understand her," Marinette sighed, a deep blush brewing beneath her freckled skin. "If I can open up to her about my trauma, maybe she'd feel comfortable enough to talk to me. I don't want anything to happen to her..."

Adrien shifted his weight, keeping his arm hooked around Marinette's waist as he guided her to sit back down on the chairs outside the room with a grimace.
"Are you sure that's a good idea? I don't want you to suffer living through your own trauma again, trying to help someone else..." Adrien chastised with a look of reluctance. "I really worry about that, you know."

Marinette pouted, her heart aching in her chest. While it was true that she hadn't known Chloe for long, she did truly care about her. She enjoyed the events that Chloe invited her to; it was a sweet gesture to plan a baby shower for Alya, and Marinette was grateful for Chloe's work on her wedding day. She recalled the last time she met with Chloe, and her heart ached at the memory of her friend conceding that she never had many friends.

If Marinette could somehow be that friend for Chloe, maybe there was still hope to change her perspective on things.
Marinette didn't want to be the hero of Paris, but if she could be a heroine in her own way, perhaps she could save someone's life in the best way she knew how.
By supporting and caring for someone she had grown to love as a good friend.