Teamwork with a boy I thought I could never work with

I got such a fright and sat up, I started panicking...a lot.

''Nina, Nina, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you, do you remember what happened?'' I looked into his eyes and he seemed genuine. I closed my eyes, the pain came back and it was like it was happening all over again.

''Austin's sister, she beat me up...badly.''

''Yeah, I can...see that.'' He rubbed his thumb under my eye. It had obviously bruised because it hurt like hell.

''Why am I here?'' I felt so sick.

''I found you.'' I looked at him and froze.

''You found...me?'' 

''I guess I was just in the right place, at the right time. I had just been at Starbucks and Lisa, the girl who always talked to us, asked how you and Selena were? She said you had been in, so I just decided to walk down your way, past your house, which is when I passed the all alleyway, where I saw a body, which was...yours. You look better now, trust me, I cleaned you up.''

That made me laugh then I was sick, luckily Justin had a bucket.

''Was expecting that.'' I laughed.

''I'm sorry.'' I looked at him.

''Justin, we don't need to do this...''

''We do, I need to apologize. It was my fault that day, I know it was, I was so angry at you and I realised after a day, that it was me. I ruined everything, not you. I wanted to come see you in hospital, but I knew - I would make it worse.''

I can't believe I was saying this but..

''I forgive you Justin'' He smiled and I genuinely believe, that he meant every word of that apology. 

''I mean you could of just left me for dead.'' We both laughed, I couldn't laugh much, it hurt, alot.

''So who's Austin? Why did he do this?''

''Selena's....new boyfriend.'' He half laughed.

''You don't gotta say it like a bomb is about to go off'' I smiled and laughed.

I explained everything, about how he went crazy at the house, he was rude and extremely scary.

Justin was pissed. I hadn't ever seen him this mad before.

''How dare he do this to you? This is ridiculous. You didn't tell Selena? Yeah, well I'm going to beat the shit out of him, no matter what,''

''Justin, just..just calm down.'' He looked at me and took a breath in and sat beside me.

''So what do we do?'' He looked into my eyes.

''Nothing violent. We're not fighting violence with violence. We're going to do it in a way, that we both are very skilled in.....Pranks.'' 

Justin's eyes lit up.

''That's perfect.''

''We'll booby trap your whole house, we get him over here and he falls into every single one of them, then we get him to confess.''

''Nina, this is genius.'' He hugged me.

''Oh, easy, easy.'' He laughed, that's when my phone went. Selena.

''Should I answer?'' Justin nodded. 

''Hey, Selena. Yeah...yeah I'm fine, I'm okay. Why is Austin asking? Yeah well tell him..his sister done a good job, but not good enough. What am I talking about? Nothing, look, it's fine. I'm going to stay at Cody's tonight, mum said it was okay. Cool with you? Awesome, okay, well see you tomorrow, gonna be a fun day. Tell Austin, I said hi. Bye, yeah, I love you..yeah..bye.''

I texted Cody and told him if Selena called him or my Mum or anything, to cover for me. I told him everything and he was so happy that Justin found me and was grateful.

So that's when me and Justin got to work. The boy that ruined my sister's life, then made it up, to me at least. He saved me, god knows how long I would of been in that alleyway if it wasn't for him.

We started planning everything and his Mum was out for the night. We planned everything and were going to set it up most of the night and tomorrow morning.

He ordered pizza, we talked, he cleaned most of my cuts and then we talked again.

It was funny, we were a team. A proper team.