I warned you.

We all sat at the table. I sat beside Selena, Scarlett and Gavin were opposite us. Our Mum was sitting beside Selena, and Melanie was sitting beside Gavin and Hugh was sitting on the end.

"I have to say Stephanie, your cooking is marvellous." Hugh said.

"It is Mum? But I really like side dishes, do you have any bread? Any Melanies? I mean Melon. Sorry, my words sometimes get mixed up."

"It's fine sweetie." Melanie smiled and nodded. It seemed like Melanie was the only one who didn't understand any of the comments I was making. Well Gavin didn't, but he wasn't paying any attention at all. I could hear a snigger and I turned to my Mum. As long as she wasn't mad.

But guess who was?

Scarlett. She was not happy at all.

"So Melanie, high school experiences? Tell me a couple, ever get in trouble?" Melanie giggled, literally, like a little school girl.

"Oh, you know, typical girl stuff. We got in quite a lot of trouble huh Stephanie?"

"Did you ever have sex in school?" Hugh choked on his spaghetti, Scarlett glared at me so much it actually looked like her eyes were gonna pop out of head, Melanie laughed, my Mum just shook her head and laughed, Selena just burst out laughing and Gavin, well he was still not paying attention.

"Oh Nina, you're such a joker you." Scarlett looked at me.

"Oh, I wasn't joking. You probably have, I mean, probably cheated, probably passes down."

"Oh, you know what else has passed down, the strength, I could break anyone who got in my way."

"That's cute, least you got strength, because you don't have a brain."

"Oh, well, this is new banter I'm guessing!" Melanie giggled.

"You're right Melanie, this is banter. Lovely banter, that I love." I said it so sarcastically but she didn't realise. I smirked.

The rest of the dinner was pretty quiet, we all finished and Selena and I tidyed up while everyone else was talking. Eventually, at 9pm, they finally left. 

"Lovely meeting you two lovely, humourous girls!" We smiled and waved.

Our Mum shut the door and looked at us with her arms folded.

"What?! We had to Mum. You should know us by now." Selena and I shrugged. She laughed and just shook her head.

Selena and I went upstairs and went into my room.

"Can't believe you learn so much in like a night.."

"Right? Is there anything you're hiding from me?" I glared at Selena and she laughed.

"No, I don't think so....hmmm..." She laughed and lay on my bed. I went on my laptop and went on facebook. 

"Oh, look a message from Scarlett." I went on it.

"I warned you. Huh, well I'm scared." 

"Well, she won't be able to get to you, cause she'll have to get through me. And even though she thinks she can get through anyone, she can't get through me protecting my little sister." I smiled.

"No, but seriously, you have a really bad history with neighburs." Selena looked at me.

"Yeah, I do...maybe we should move." Selena laughed and shook her head.

I fell on the bed beside her and we fell asleep.