Explain.

"C-C-C-Cody what are you doing...here?" 

"I...I miss you, look..I.." I looked him up and down. His shirt was torn, he looked terrible and the stench that came from him was absolutely disgusting.

"What have you been doing?"

"My Mum uh, she threw me out, after ...the whole...shooting happened, I...went through a bad time after that. I took some drugs..I started drinking heavily..and uh...I just..felt terrible." I grabbed him and pulled him in the house. I ran upstairs while pulling him and I went into the bathroom. 

"You need to have a shower. Where have you been staying?"

"Streets mainly.." He quickly looked at me for the first time since he came to the door then quickly looked back down.

"Wait..look at me." He continued to look down. I grabbed his face and pulled it up. His whole face was bruised. I didn't see it before because of the sun and because he was barely looking at me. 

"What happened?"

"Just a couple of guys...I managed to finally get food...and then they came along, beat me and stole it."

"Cody..." I ran my fingers through his hair. It was greasy and normally felt so fluffy, but now it felt rough, dirty and disgusting. 

"Come on, shower now, I'm not looking." He quickly pulled off his shirt. I had seen him naked before, we had known each other for so long. He turned around so I saw the front of him. His chest was covered in scars.

"Oh my god Cody..." I ran my hands over them, my hands were cold so he flinched.

"Sorry..."

"Nono, it's fine." He smiled. I pulled the shower curtain over and I turned around. He took everything off and jumped in. I didn't want Selena to know he was here, especially when he was in this state. My Mum was out grocery shopping so it was fine. I made sure the door was locked.

"So...the drinking..the drug taking..."

"I got..help..kind of. This guy, he helped me stay off it, and has helped me ever since but uh...he..uh was shot...the other day." It felt like my heart had stopped.

"Shot...?"

"Yeah he uh...was in some nasty business, had been running for a while..he..finally was caught." His voice had changed, it was more rough, it almost sounded like a New York accent instead of his old chilled californian accent. He finished showering and I handed him a towel.

"Look, stay in here and I'll look for clothes. My..uhm...boyfriend...may have left some clothes."

He half smiled.

"It's okay, you don't have to tiptoe around the fact you have a boyfriend. We've moved on." I slowly smiled and ran out and shut the door behind me. Simon always left spare clothes here just in case. I took out a pair of jeans and a shirt and went back into the bathroom.

"Here."

"Sure he won't mind?" I quickly shook my head but I didn't know. I didn't know if Simon would be completely okay with another boy, I used to date, and had kissed numerous times, and had known forever wearing his clothes but I had bigger things to worry about. 

That's when Selena started thumping on the door.

"Nina, what are you doing in there?"

"N-Nothing!!" I shouted and picked up Cody's dirty clothes and threw them at him.

"Are you okay? You sound weird."

"I'm fine, I'm fine, just....peeing."

"Oh...nice. Whatever, I'll be downstairs." I heard her go downstairs. I slowly opened the door and pulled Cody into my room. I grabbed a black bag and shoved his dirty clothes into the bag. 

"Look you don't need to do this."

"Cody..." I looked him in his eyes.

"What happened, wasn't your fault. It wasn't..your fault at all. Look, stay here. Let me go downstairs, get you some food okay?" He nodded. I quickly darted out the room and closed the door behind me. I ran downstairs and went into the kitchen. I quickly made a cheese and ham sandwich, Cody's favourite since he was a 5 year old basically. I grabbed some crisps and a bottle of water. I slowly went upstairs and went into my room. I had my head down and wasn't really paying attention.

"So I made your favourite cheese and ham....." I looked up to see Selena standing beside Cody.

"Want to explain this?" Selena had her arms folded.

Crap.