Scars, tests and a big damn mess.

Apparently I had been out for two days. I had lost a lot of blood, they said I was close to death becauseof the amount of blood I lost. It had missed my bone by an inch and main tissue was barely scraped. They said I was one of the luckiest they had seen apart from the blood loss, they said I was okay. My leg would be sore for a couple of weeks and I'd most likely need crutches to walk on. I would need to keep the wound covered. It would become a scar but it was stitched up.

I looked around to see the bright hospital lights and the room was empty. My eyes were almost unable to open, I slowly sat up to feel an extreme shooting pain through my leg. Instantly, alarms went off, that weren't extremely loud, but loud enough if you have been out for 2 days. A doctor came running in with 2 nurses.

"You're awake." I slowly nodded when Selena and my Mum ran in. Instantly, they both burst into tears. I felt my eyes filling up as they hugged me.

"I didn't know if you were going to make it, they said you lost so much blood.."

"Shh..it's okay. I'm here." She kissed my cheek and my Mum held me for what seemed like 4 hours but was only 2 minutes.

"Nina will not be able to be left alone for two weeks. She will need to have crutches for a minimum of two weeks, she will have a check up also in two weeks then a continuation after that because they had to make sure the wound wasn't effect even though stitched up apparently it was still able to get infected and to worsen, especially in the first two weeks. I couldn't be involved in any exercise or any fun basically because the stitches could split and my leg would still be sore, which sucked. 

"It's fine, I'll look after her." Selena looked at me and smiled.

"She's not the best babysitter, I did get shot when she was around." I smiled and they all laughed. I was glad they were all still laughing, especially what had happened. I knew they had gone through worse than I had, especially since I was out for 2 days.

"So can she come home?" The doctor nodded and smiled.

"Now, we can give you normal crutches or you can pick a colour." My eyebrows raised and I smiled. I guess this was a positive. I asked for purple ones and they had them! I guess I was excited about it, it made me happy. They gave me them and I got to try them out. They were pretty weird but I guess I would get used to them.

Selena helped me out and helped me into the car.

"Least you got purple ones." Selena looked in the mirror to look at me then quickly looked away. I could see they were both on edge and nervous.

"You guys are being so awkward and nervous..."

"I was just so scared Nina and I haven't had a chance to thank me..."

I bent forward as much as I could and held her hand.

"You don't have to thank me, It was a choice that I didn't even have to run through my head. You're my sister and I wouldn't ever regret the choice I made." She smiled and turned around in her seat.

We arrived back to home and I went in, struggling to get up the steps that led up to our door but I managed. I was frustrated, I was. I wasn't going to lie, my leg was in agony and trying to walk on these things was difficult and trying to not fall. I checked my phone and had 21 missed calls from Simon. My eyes widened.

"He was there you know." I looked up at Selena.

"When it happened, I don't know how he was there, but he must of heard the gun shot and ran in. I think he knew that you went there a lot or maybe he had followed us. I don't know, but he was so comforting. He's a great boy. And don't worry. I phoned him when you woke up after I went away with the doctors. So he knows."

"Thanks Selena." I tried to hug her while continue to balance on one leg, yeah it was difficult. I fell onto the sofa and the doorbell rang instantly. I went to stand up out of habit.

"Sit." Selena lightly pushed me back down so she wouldn't hurt me and answered the door.

"Nono, come in. She'll be happy to see you." A boy came in and looked at me, his face covered with bruises and had a cut down his cheek.

Simon.

"Oh my god, thank god." He jumped on the sofa beside me and lightly hugged me.

"When I was there, I saw you and, I was, so afraid. And I don't even..." I kissed him to stop him from babbling and then kissed his cheek where his cut was.

"We've both been in a little trouble this week haven't we?" We both laughed and talked for a while. So it wasn't just a dream or a hallucination that he was there when it happened. He was actually there. It went quiet.

"How did you know...I was there?" Simon looked down at his hands.

"I...may have followed you. I saw you going in and I knew you were meeting him. As soon as I heard the gun shot, I knew something had happened, got out of my car and ran in. Thinking I would see totally random people, but I saw you. Lying, motionless on the floor. I felt like my heart had been crushed. Who shot you anyway?"

That's when I looked down at my hands. Billy. I wonder what had happened. Were the police involved? Where was Cody? Where was Billy?

"Cody's cousin. The guy who beat you up. He went to shoot Selena and I jumped infront of her."

"I know, she told me. Incredibly brave." I smiled and kissed him again. 

I found out that a police investigation was underway. I told the police everything I could and so did Selena, they said they would hopefully find Billy and put him away. I didn't particularly want to press any charges, as long as he stayed away from my family, friends and I, I was okay.

3 weeks passed and I was in and out of hospital constantly but finally after 3 weeks, my leg had healed. There was a scar the size of a coin but other than that, the pain had disappeared and it was like my leg was completely fine. 

"Well least I can beat you up now." Selena laughed and pushed me forward.

"I can use it as an excuse. Ahh, Selena, noo, not the gunshot wound." She burst out laughing and held my hand and took me home.

I hadn't heard from Cody at all, Simon and I were still going strong. Everything was going great, until today.

I was looking in my Mum's office for a stapler and the office was a mess so it was hard to find anything. I searched through all the drawers until I got to the bottom one.

"Finally! Dang office is a mess." I grabbed it to see a paper from the hospital under it. Yes, I know I probably shouldn't have but I'm nosey, you know. I opened the folded letter to see what it was about.

A Paternity test was scheduled for my Mum and....

My eyebrows raised and my eyes widened and I dropped the letter. I fell back and couldn't believe what I had just raised.

What?!

--------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed guys, new part ASAP! Tell me who you think the paternity test is for ;)