Finding out

I was home. My mum was sitting on the sofa in an awkward position. I dumped my bag and went over and sat beside her.

"So...uh...what is it?" It was silent for a minute. I could see my mum was trying to tell me something important but it's like she couldn't.

"Mum, it's fine. Just tell me it'll be okay." 

She smiled and looked at me.

"Well...you know how you have always wanted a sister?" She said quietly. I slowly looked up and turned to properly look at her. I nodded.

"Well uhm...you...you have...you have a sister" She mumbled it, but I heard it perfectly. You were shocked and totally speechless.

"Well that's...that's amazing...I mean who is she? Would I know her? Does she live here?" 

She went totally quiet again.

"Well look, it's..it's a little more complicated. Me and your dad, we had a baby..before you...and well we didn't have enough money to afford to look after her and we wanted her to have a good life. We were both young and...so We put her up for adoption. We stayed in touch with the parents. So uhm..She is in LA." 

My eyes widened. LA? I had always wanted to go there. Always.

"So since, you've just done all your exams, It's 2 weeks until the summer holidays. I was thinking we could just take you out of school since you can leave..anyway and move there and you can pursue your music career and..."

"Mum, who's my sister?!" I interrupted loudly.

"Well She's...famous. You may know her." She looked at me. I was so..excited but so nervous and..freaked out. I had a famous sister? We were gonna be moving to LA? I don't have to go to school!? What?

"What's her name, just...her, her name?" I stared at her. It took her a good 5 minutes before telling me. It was an awkward silence, and it was kind of scary.

"Selena Gomez is..your sister"

"What?" I gasped.