Barley x F!Reader ~ Nerdy Boyfriend

Requested by brotheriknowtheway 

(Y/N) POV

I knocked on the door of my longtime boyfriend, Barley Lightfoot, to see if he was home to chill with. I had met the optimistic elf through his little brother, Ian, as I was his tutor a year ago for his studies. Barley was the exact opposite of Ian, surprising me when he asked me on a date a few minutes into our first conversation.

"Hello, (y/n) dear!" greeted Laurel Lightfoot, the boys' mother.

"Hello! Is Barley home?" A loud crash came from upstairs as an answer to my question. "I see. I'll surprise him then. Hey, Ian!" I called to the boy sitting in the living with his dragon; he waved and went right back to work. Smiling, I headed up the Barley's bedroom to see a large fort in the middle of the room full of comics, snacks, and stuffed toys.

"AH! My princess has arrived! Come, your castle awaits!" Barley exclaimed, tugging me into the fort with childish glee. Inside was warm and cozy with a place for us to snuggle. "Like it?" he asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Like it? I love it!" I blurted out, tackling him to the ground in a big hug.

"You're such a geek, babe!"

"I got it from you, knight," I winked, kissing his cheek. Laughing, he maneuvered us into the snuggling area with me on his lap and the bag that I had brought in mine. Opening it, I pulled out 'Good Omens' for me to read while Barley reached over to grab an adventure comic.

"I have a re-QUEST, my love!" He grinned as I groaned at the cheesy joke. "May I have a kiss?"

"Of course, Barley! Thank you for asking," I hummed as I turned my head for him to kiss me gently. We seemed to be made for each other like weird puzzle pieces. Getting comfy against the large elf, we stayed like this for hours.