Loki x M!Reader ~ Strange love

3rd POV

Looking around his room, (y/n) saw nothing but boredom all around. Yep, he was bored! The next mission wasn't for another week so he had lots of time to kill but he had no idea how. A knock on his door made him look up from his spot on the floor to see Nat staring at him, Wanda giggling behind her at the sight of (y/n) spread across his floor like that.

"I'm not even gonna ask. Fury wants us all over to his office for a briefing of the mission plan."

"A week early?" (y/n) asked, standing up to properly talk to her. Nat shrugged her shoulders and walked off, Wanda walked over and grabbed his hand to take him to the car. (Y/n) grabbed his coat and phone as he went by them before Wanda could reach the vehicle that contained Nat, Vision, Clint, and Peter. Getting in, (y/n) sat next to Pete so they could talk; they were great friends and had been so since Tony brought Peter in for a fight one day.

"Why is he doing this a week early?" puzzled Vision, turning to Wanda in confusion. They all threw out ideas the entire ride but could come to no explanation before they arrived at the office building for Fury and his employees. Once they reached the door, Ross greeted them with a small smile and a furrowed brow.

"Fury's in room two twenty-four, hurry up cause everyone else is here already." He led us to a room with a large glass table and leather chairs, an avenger sitting in almost every chair except for Thor.

"Since everyone is here, I can start. I want to go over the fact that we have a new team member here with us that we all hate to some degree, Thor will you get him in here?" Turning to the door, the giant blond man walked in with a black-haired beauty behind him; as (y/n) looked at him, their eyes met and a spark flew between them even though no one could see it, it was there.

"Loki?!" raged the others, standing up and pounding their fists on the glass. Loki, who seemed to be the other man beside Fury, flinched at the sound of anger towards him. A pale hand raised into the arm in silence and was noticed by the rest of the room, turning it quiet and focused on one thing.

"Who?" asked (y/n), genuinely confused. The others started to say horrid things about the poor god who could hear every word spoken while (y/n) couldn't understand them all talking at once.

"Loki is the god of mischief who attacked New York a few years back," barked Fury to stop the noise and making it clear who he was going to have to work with. Nodding, (y/n) sat in a chair, as did everyone else, so Fury could go over the plan. Thor walked down the table with Loki in tow to sit down, Thor parked his butt a seat away from (y/n) while Loki took the one in between them, nodding at (y/n) as to say hello, which (y/n) returned. The meeting was long and tedious, causing (y/n) to start to doze off as he had already heard this speech over a thousand times by now; a deep British voice spoke in his head calmly as to not startle him in any way.

"You seem bored." (Y/n) looked around the room subtly, catching the green eyes of the god next to him. After he knew who it was, (y/n) decided to answer to really get to know this evil man as he was made out to be.

"That I am. I already know the plan and all of eyepatch's speeches so this usually makes me sleepy."

"I see, my brother wants me to make friends and try to get everyone to not hate me so..."

"That's fine, I'm (y/n). Nice to meet you! I would shake your hand but I don't think either of us wants to get caught in a meeting like this." Loki agreed before looking back at Fury with glazed-over eyes, conversing with (y/n) the rest of the meeting. After everyone had left, Thor had asked if (y/n) would take Loki and show him around the Avengers headquarters while he had some stuff to do. He agreed but was confused as of how he would get there as all the cars had gone because Thor was the one to pull him aside while they were leaving making him miss a chance to get home.

"Don't worry, I can handle the transportation part," Loki proclaimed proudly, waving his hands about while green mist surrounded them; the next second, they were standing at the front doors of the building to (y/n)'s amazement.

"Wow! Magic's your thing, huh?!" (y/n) exclaimed, happily beaming at the god next to him.

"My thing?" he questioned, not familiar with this Midgardian term yet.

"Ha-ha! Everyone here has their thing like your brother has lightning and Tony has his suits. It's basically how they fight or their powers!" He smiled before walking into the building, starting the tour of where Loki would be staying now! Loki's heart skipped a beat, scaring him a bit as this wasn't normal for him at all. (Y/n)'s smiled was a gift to him, he was in love with him! Strange boy, this might not be that bad he thought with a smirk on his lips, following (y/n) inside.