Tony Stark x Dog!Reader ~ Nightmares

This is you! Aren't you adorable?! Requested by iamKhrfan123

(Y/N) POV

The nice lady carried me in her arms, her long red hair tied back in a ponytail as she walked into a metal box. I wagged my tail as the lights changed and the box opened up again to a new floor with lots of people. I whined a bit, scared that something might happen as I don't like crowds.

"Has anyone seen Tony?" the lady asked, shuffling me in her arms a bit.

"He hasn't left his workshop, try there," replied a short man with a bow. The lady holding me nodded, walking to a glass door with weird glowing buttons before going through it to see a man leaning over a desk covered in metal.

"Hey, babe. I have something for you."

"Not now, Pepper. I'm busy," the man mumbled, not turning to us. Wanting to see his face, I whined before barking to get his attention and squirming out of the Pepper's arms to run up to the man with a big smile. He looked down at me, confused as to my cuteness before picking me up.

"He's a Pomsky, he's been through a lot so, he can help you through rough patches." The man peered over at me, smiling a little before nodding at her; he kissed her cheek, kicked her out, and set me on a nearby stool before going back to work. I whined, watching as my new owner tinkered with a weird face thingy that glowed when he moved things around. I yipped, wagging my tail as I jumped from the stool to bounce over to him.

"Yeah, yeah. Go back over to your stool. I'm busy-," he grumbled looking at my collar to read my name. "(y/n). Huh, cute name. You know what? Give me an hour, since it's nine now, then, maybe, I might go to sleep. Sound good?" I barked happily, jumping up and down before heading back to my stool to watch him.

~~One hour~~

I looked at my new owner, Tony, getting impatient as to when we would go to sleep. I yawned as the time ticked by with no sign of sleep. I leaped down and shuffled over to his legs to paw him, trying to get his attention.

"Hmm? (y/n), I need to- fine, I did promise." I yipped as he turned the lights off and picked me up as Tony moved to his bedroom, the nice lady had left earlier so she wasn't in the bed, which was sad. He placed me on the floor while he got dressed; I jumped onto the bed and made myself a little comfy spot. Sighing, he maneuvered himself under the blankets next to me and ruffled my fur.

"Good night, bud." I hummed quietly, laying my head on Tony's chest as his breathing became calm and slow. Hours passed and Tony began to move around with sweat pouring from his face as he began to scream and trash his arms about. I stood abruptly and started to bark and jump on him, trying to get him to open his eyes so he'd be okay. He sat up with a cry of terror, holding his head in his hands; I slowly approached Tony, placing my front paws on his knees that were close to his chest.

"Hey," he breathed, his voice raspy and horse, "thanks buddy, I guess you could be a nice addition to the house. Promise to do that for every nightmare?" I tilted my head to the right as I looked at him before pouncing onto his lap and kissing his face to say yes. He laughed and moved me off, moving the covers so I had space to crawl under the warmth. Getting comfy once more, I rested myself on his chest again before drifting off to sleep with my new kind owner.