Straw-hat crew x Child! M!Reader ~ Living with Pirates Pt.2

3rd POV

While the cook was making a delicious lunch, everyone except for the child and the captain sat at the table, talking about (y/n).

"Hey, Zoro. How come you don't spend as much time with (y/n) as the rest of us?" asked Chopper, sitting next to Robin who was reading a copy of The Hobbit. Everyone turned to Zoro, also curious as to why. Zoro shrugged, taking a swig of his sake. Nami hit his head, sending him crashing into the wall with a bump on his head.

"What the hell was that for?"

"You HAVE to spend time with him!" she said in anger. He groaned, picking himself off the floor and sitting back in his spot. Everyone agreed with the cat burglar, starring intensely at the moss haired swordsman.

"Oi. Marimo, go get the other two. Lunch is ready," said Sanji. Zoro sighed and walked out towards the front of the ship. He approached them and knocked on the wooden railing, getting their attention.

"Lunchtime," he said bluntly, pointing to the kitchen.

(Y/n) POV

Both Luffy and I smiled, Luffy passed me to Zoro and he quickly put me down. Luffy ran towards the smell of lunch, I stayed behind to ask Zoro a question.

"Zoro, are you okay with me being around?" He raised his eyebrow at my question, his one good eye looked away from me. He walked past me, answering my question with an unsuspected answer.

"No, I'm not good with kids. They're pointless on a pirate ship anyway." He walked away, I followed behind him but not too close as we made our way to the door. I had a small frown on my face but quickly put in a smile as I passed through the kitchen door and sat in between Sanji and Franky, the cyborg gave me a hug before continuing to eat.

We all ate and listen to Usopp tell stories that were really cool, Luffy and Chopper seemed intrigued by all his tale. I enjoyed listening to them and the laughter from my friends around me but my mind kept going back to what Zoro had said. My expression must have turned sad while I was thinking because Sanji nudged my shoulder, making me look up to see him worried for me.

"Stay behind and help me with the dishes, okay?" he asked, leaning down to my level and whispering in my ear. I nodded and we continued to listen to Usopp's stories, laughing at his silliness. After everyone had finished lunch, they left to the deck while Sanji and I began to clean up. As we washed and dried the dishes, Sanji was silent the entire time and I did the same.

"What's wrong?" he asked sternly, placing the dish towel on the counter and looking at me.

"Nothing," I answered. He didn't believe me, he threw me over his shoulder and made his way to a safe place to talk so no one would interrupt us. As he made his way to the library, the entire crew looked at us with confusion as to why I was being carried like a sack of potatoes. We reached the empty library, Sanji placed me on the floor and closed the door then sitting across from me.

"Tell me what's wrong (y/n). Please?" I nodded and told him everything, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I noticed that Zoro seems to avoid me. So, today I decided to ask him if he was okay with me being on the ship. I-I think he hates me!" I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried, thinking that I was nothing but dust on the ship. Sanji hugged me tightly, whispering comforting words in my ear.

"Damn it Marimo!" he said sharply out loud. After a few minutes of crying, I fell asleep in his arms. Sanji picked me up and carried me to my bed, letting me sleep until dinner. During dinner, I was quiet while everyone else laughed and sang. I finished quickly and left to my bed to get some more sleep only to have Chopper stop me before I got to open the door.

"You okay?" I nodded and left Chopper on the outside of the door, soon hearing him walk away after a few minutes. I sighed and grabbed my teddy bear before hopping into bed but that didn't last long. I woke up after having a nightmare, scared out of my mind. I thought of going to wake someone up and ask if I could sleep with them but thought against it as I didn't want to bug anyone this early.

I slowly walked out onto the grass, making my way to the bench by the helm and sitting with my bear in my lap. I quietly sang Unravel to myself to calm me down from my nightmare, a thing I had always done but hadn't happened in a while. Tears fell down my cheeks as a brought my knees up to my chest, squishing my bear in the process.

"You're going to squeeze the life out of that bear, (y/n)." I jumped at the sound of Zoro's voice from behind me. He pointed to the bench, asking if he could sit, I moved over to the side of the bench as a way of saying yes. We sat in silence for a while until I felt him pick me up and place me on his lap, causing me to tense up a bit.

"Nightmare?" I nodded. "Want to talk about it?" I shook my head, not wanting to scare myself. He sighed and gave me a small hug, which I slowly returned.

"I don't hate you. Sanji told me everything, I feel like an asshole now for what I did. Can you forgive me?" I thought for a moment then nodded, snuggling into his warm chest from the cold wind.

"I'm cold mossy," I said, looking up at him with cute puppy dog eyes. He chuckled at the nickname and ruffled my hair.

"Okay, little guy. How about we go to bed?" I nodded with a smile. He carried me and Teddy to his bed and we all slept like there was no tomorrow, cuddling the entire time!