Zoro x M!Reader ~ Two Years

(Y/N) POV

My brother sat drinking wine, ignoring the annoying ghost girl that floated over the table. I leaned on the wall beside him as we waited. Being the younger brother of the world's greatest swordsman was not the best thing in the world; he might look stoic and tough but, in reality, he's a very overprotective older brother that won't let me leave the castle never mind the island! My hair was longer than he's and (h/c), our eyes were the same as well as our build but I happened to be shorter than him.

"So, why did the Marines need the Warlords?" I asked, pouring myself my own cup of red wine; he sighed, annoyed with my need for knowledge of what goes on. "That bad, huh?" I smirked, swishing the wine the in my glass. He sipped his glass, not looking at me while he answered my question with an expressionless face.

"Fire Fist Ace was to be executed at Marineford."

"Was?"

"Monkey D. Luffy tried to stop it but... you can find out more when the newspaper arrives." I groaned, downing the wine as the girl watched us intensely before a light switched on in her brain.

"You're his brother!" she exclaimed, bursting my eardrums in the process. I nodded, putting my glass on the table before leaning against the wall once more. The door to the room opened as a bandaged green haired man trudged towards the table. I sat in the large red satin seat next to my brother, interested in this endeavor. Getting down on his knees, the man smacked his forehead onto the cold stone floor in a bowing position.

"PLEASE TEACH ME WHAT YOU KNOW!!" he shouted, not once looking at my brother.

"You disappoint me, Zoro. You would beg your enemy to instruct you? Have you no pride?" Zoro didn't move from his spot, his clothes in ruin along with the once clean bandages. "Leave at once, I have no business with a wretch like you."

"Brother!" I interjected, annoyed at his sense of duty and infatuation with having manly pride.

"It seems I overestimated you. What are you doing? You're only humiliating yourself," Dracule said, ignoring me as Zoro hadn't moved.

"I WANT TO GET STRONGER!" he replied, his gruff with pain being hidden. My brother's face twisted in irritation before spewing more nonsense and the almost broken man on our floor.

"Thrashed by the monkeys and unable to go out to sea... I have nothing to teach a man who can't finish what he starts." Before I could snap and hit my brother over the head, the mosshead spoke up with a sentence that scared me.

"I beat the monkeys!" His head never left the floor as we both looked down at him in disbelief. "You're the only one left to take down. But I'm not stupid enough to think... I can beat you yet."

"You beat-" I started, watching as my brother's face grew angry as he spoke up.

"I don't understand. You would kowtow to a mortal foe and beg him to instruct you? WHY?"

"TO SURPASS YOU!!" I burst out laughing, Dracule soon doing the same at this man's way of thinking.

"You want him to teach you the sword so that you can one day take his head? You're a strange one! Ha ha ha!" I exclaimed as my brother continued to laugh; Zoro stared at us with a confused look upon his face.

"Ha ha... you're still a shameless fool. So, you value something more than your pride. Ghost girl! See to his injuries!"

"HEY! DON'T ORDER ME AROUND!" I had forgotten about her until she shrieked at us. My brother agreed to teach the man causing his face to light up; I blushed as his smile made my heart skip a beat. Zoro followed Perona up to a guest room while we stayed at the table. I rested my head in my hand on the table as I watched them close the large door behind them.

"I wonder who he's doing this for?" I pondered out loud; Dracule threw the newspaper at me to show a photo of Monkey D. Luffy standing at Marineford with his hat in hand a tattoo on his shoulder. "So, 3D2Y, huh? You have two years to teach him, think you can do it?"

"I've put up with you for longer, he shouldn't be a problem." I left my chair and punched his arm, walking to the door. "One thing, (y/n). Try not to get attached to my new student, I won't have you flirting with him." I nodded, a faint blush on my cheeks as I left for my room. Perona floated through a wall and down the hall, letting me know exactly which room the moss man was in. Knocking lightly, I heard a muffled voice before entering to see a man wrapped badly in bandages; with a grumble, I walked over and rooted through the medical supplies we had.

"Has she ever helped a living person before? This is a horrible job," I mumbled, snipping and wrapping his wounds as he sat watching my hands. "I'm sorry on my brother's behalf, he's so strange sometimes. To tell a man to fight those monkeys when he's already I pain after having dealt with the paw-paw fruit."

"How do you know about that? What do you mean by brother? Who are you?" I giggled, heading to the sink to dampen a cloth.

"Okay, first I'm (y/n) Mihawk. Dracule is my older brother. I've seen regular internal bleeding and wounds, this is on a different level so, a devil fruit was involved but what made Kuma do this to you?" Zoro's face darken as he looked outside the window. "It was for Luffy, wasn't it?" He nodded, looking down at the newspaper in his hands.

"It was his pain," he mumbled.

"You and my brother are alike in that way." He looked confused, "you both would protect someone to the point of death. He told me that when I disobeyed and left the castle." Zoro hummed as he looked over at me, I smiled softly. My brother made the right choice in training him.