Affluenza

My parents are rich. When I went to school I didn't want people to know that. But you let one person come over to your house and they tell everyone. Then all of the sudden everyone wanted to be friends with me. I don't have any real friends anymore.

Today was my birthday. My so called friends threw a party but it wasn't really for me. Sure it was my birthday but they only come over to steal things from me. They either steal it to say the have it or steal it to sell it. I didn't care if they did everything in that house is replaceable. It's the fact that nobody cared about me that hurt me.

I didn't want to go into the party so I sat in my driveway with a bottle of alcohol. I didn't even know what was in the bottle I just took it and walked out.

I've been sitting in the driveway for a long time and I've just been sipping on the alcohol that was now almost finished, but had no effect on me. Once I finished the bottle, I laid there on the driveway staring at the sky.

I started getting mad. But I don't know why. I sat up and threw the empty bottle on the ground causing it to break into pieces.

Then I sat there and contemplated whether or not I should go into my house. The party was still going on but I didn't want to talk or see anyone. So I laid back in the driveway.

I laid there for another five minutes before I saw someone standing over top of me. I sat up and they sat down next to me. Then I realized it was Katie. She was the only one that I would consider a friend even though we don't talk a whole lot.

"Hey y/n" she said as she sat down. "Hey Katie" I said with the best smile I could manage. "You know everyone is in there stealing stuff from you." "Yes." "Why don't you stop them?" "Because what's the point all of it can be replaced. None of them care about me. There is all those people in there and I am isolated out here."

"Well I um bought you a present" she said as she pulled out a rectangular box and handed it to me. "You didn't have to. Nobody else did." "I did have to. Y/n you are an amazing person and your really kind and they all take advantage of you." "It's alright I'm used to it." "You shouldn't be used to it. It's messed up. Now open your present."

I opened it up and in it was a beautiful necklace. (I couldn't think of another present 🤷‍♀️).

"I love it Katie thank you." "Your welcome. Do you want to go inside." "No everyone is in there." "I'll go tell them to leave."

Before I could even say anything she got up and went in the house. A few minutes after she went in everybody started coming out.

They tried to hide the things that they stuffed in their pockets but I could see. But it's whatever.

Once people stopped coming out I walked inside the house.

The whole house was a mess and I was going to have to clean it all up. They stole half my stuff but couldn't have the decency to keep it semi-clean.

I went to go get a trash bag and then started picking up the trash.

While I was picking up the trash Katie came into the room and knocked over a cup on the floor which caused me to jump because I thought she left.

"Sorry it's just me." She said. "I thought you left why are you still here?" "Because I wanted to help clean up. I can't let you clean all this up by yourself." "It's ok Katie you don't have to stay you can go home." "Nope I'm going to help." "Ok." I said with a smile.

We finished cleaning the house and I let her spend the night since it was really late.

We both took showers then got changed. Then we laid in my bed and just started talking about random things.

"Y/n can I tell you something?" "Yeah." "I wasn't going to tell you this because I didn't want you to think I would use you for your money or anything like the other people but I just need to say it. I like you y/n. Like a lot. I like you so much that every time I found out that someone used you or stole from you I wanted to hurt them. And it's ok if you don't like me back I understand because you might not even like girls but I just needed to tell you that." "I like you too Katie. I've liked you for a long time."

She sat up and we stared into each other's eyes. "Can I kiss you." I nodded my head yes and she started leaning closer. Our lips finally touched and it felt like all time stopped. It was the best kiss I've ever had.

"Will you be my girlfriend y/n." "Yes."

A/n: I didn't know how to end that so 🤷‍♀️. If anyone has any requests I can try and write it just tell me the idea. But other from that stay safe.