Follow her after fight

Lena and I had just got done dinner and it went fine until it wasn't. I will admit that I started it but I didn't mean for us to argue. I simply asked a question.

Lena and I have been together for a couple years but we don't live together. I would never force her into something she's not ready for but she will never really tell me why she won't move in.

The argument started getting heated so I decided to cut the dinner short. I got the check and paid so we could leave.

The restaurant wasn't that far from Lena's so we walked here.

"Y/n I want to be by myself right now I think you should go home" she said once we started walking towards her place. "Lena come on. I didn't mean for what I said to cause an argument." "Can we please just talk about it later. I'm really tired and just want to go home" she sighed.

"Fine whatever" I huffed turning the other way.

I wasn't just going to let Lena walk home by herself. I quickly hid behind a wall peeking around to wait until she was far enough so I could start following her. I just wanted to make sure she got home safe.

Lena picked her pace up when she thought I wasn't with her.

The restaurant was a pretty decent way from her house but not that far.

She was getting close to her house before someone pulled her into an alleyway.

I quickly ran to the alley seeing what happened. One guy was holding Lena against the wall while the other was going through her purse.

They heard me and snapped there heads towards me.

"Just let her go and we'll leave" I said. "Give us the money you have" the one guy said walking towards me with a knife. "Here two hundred dollars" I said handing them the cash out of my wallet.

The guy I handed the cash to elbowed the guy holding Lena, signaling him to let go. They threw her purse on the floor running away from both of us.

Lena ignored me picking her purse up, smoothing her clothes out, and continuing her walk home. I quickly followed behind her worried about her.

"Thanks Y/n. You can go home now" she said once I started following her. "Are you okay" I questioned trying to catch up to her. "I'm fine. Thank you for helping but you can go home now." "Can you just stop walking for a minute? Can I at least make sure that you're fine? Why do you keep trying to rush away?"

"How did you even know I was in trouble?" "I followed you" I mumbled. "I'm just trying to get home Y/n." "I know you're upset with me Lena. I really didn't mean to cause an argument. But can I at least walk you home? You don't even have to talk I just want to make sure you're safe."

"Whatever" she said continuing to ignore me.

I watched Lena as she walked in front of me. I saw her body shake as a chill ran through her. I took my jacket off picking up my pace so I was now walking beside her.

I silently offered her the jacket and she took it mumbling a thank you.

We continued to walk in silence and it was killing me. Why did this bother her so much?

Despite me wanting to say something, I didn't.

We made it all the way to her apartment without a word. She was now unlocking her door and she still hasn't said anything.

"I love you Lena. Goodnight" I said turning around. "Just stay. It's going to take you forever to walk home and it's really late" she said walking into her place leaving me in the hallway.

I quickly followed her, closing the door and locking it.

I stayed out of her way as we both got ready for bed. I got settled on the couch getting ready to fall asleep.

"Y/n come to bed. Why are you on the couch" she called out.

I silently made my way to her room getting into the bed.

"I'm sorry" Lena spoke out. She moved to lay on top of me, staring at me.

"Lena I'm never going to pressure you to do something you don't want to do. I don't ever want to make you uncomfortable. But could you at least tell me why you don't want to?" "I'm afraid that if we move in together you're going to get sick of me and then our relationship will be over. I can't lose you Y/n. And you know you're the only serious relationship that I've ever had. It's just making me a little scared." "Lena if I wanted to break up with you because I was sick of you I would've already done it. We spend every day together. At the end of the night we are at one of our houses together. When is the last time we haven't gone to bed together?I love you Lena. There's not a single things that's going to change that. I love being near you and I love spending time with you. I. Love. You."

"I'm sorry I'm like this" she sniffled. I looked down to see her tearing up. She shoved her face into my shoulder, trying not to look at me.

I shifted us so I was looking right into her eyes.

"There's not a single thing wrong with you. I understand why you're scared. If you're not ready then that's okay. I won't bring it up until you know you're ready. I will wait for you Lena. Even if you aren't ever ready I'm still going to be here right with you. I'm sorry that I upset you today. And don't ever feel like there's something wrong with you. Especially if you're around me."

She started full on sobbing and went quiet. I just held her and waited for her to calm down. This isn't the first time she's broke down like this after an argument.

After a while Lena finally calmed down.

"I want to live together" she croaked out. "Don't feel pressured to say that if you're not ready." "I love you Y/n and I want to be with you. I want to move in with you. I'm scared but if you're with me I should be fine." "It's getting late. Why don't we go to sleep and tomorrow I'll wake up early and make breakfast and we can talk about it then. So you'll have time to change your mind and think on it" I said messaging her scalp.

"Okay" she breathed out. "I love you." "I love you too."