Apart but Together

Lena's Pov:
"Mommy! Mommy!" My three kids, Oliver, Auggie, and Amelia yelled running to where I was. "Yes" I said closing my laptop directing my attention towards them. "Are we going to Mama's this weekend" Auggie said. "I think so. Would you like me to call her and ask?" "Yes. Can you ask her if Ava is going to be there" Amelia said. "Who's Ava?" "Some girl that's been at mama's. She's really funny." "Hm okay. You guys go get ready for your bath's. I'm going to call Mama. "Okay" they said walking away.

I called Y/n and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?

"Hey Y/n I just wanted to know if you're taking the kids this weekend?

"Oh yeah. I forgot to say that I'm not picking up any more hours so we can go back to our regular schedule."

"Okay. I will drop them off at five tomorrow."

"Okay. Can we um talk tomorrow after you drop them off."

"Yeah sure. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

We just got to Y/n's and the kids just walked in without knocking.

"I've told you guys countless times to stop coming in here without knocking" I said. "Lena it's okay" Y/n said coming out the kitchen. "Mama" the kids shrieked.

"Hey guys" she said picking them all up somehow. "Is Ava here" Oli asked. "No, not today guys sorry. Why don't you go upstairs and watch some tv."

Without another word they went upstairs.

"So who's Ava? Your girlfriend? You shouldn't bring random girls around while the kids are here. It will confuse them" I said getting jealous. I couldn't help it. We may be separated but we are technically still married.

"What? No. She's my cousin. I offered to let her stay here on her break for college. It gets a little lonely here sometimes" she said with a light laugh.

"So what did you want to talk about" I said changing the subject. "Oh yeah. I um signed the papers you sent. But I wanted to talk to you about them before I sent them to the lawyer" she said getting sad. It wasn't a big mood change but it was noticeable. She shoved her hand in her pockets and rocked back and forth on her feet. It was a nervous habit of hers.

"Wait what papers?" "The divorce papers you sent. I'll admit I was a little shocked and upset but if that's what you wan-" "Y/n I never sent divorce papers. I actually don't even care who sent them it was probably my mom. Listen I don't want to break up or get a divorce. I want my family back in the same house. I miss you. So much. I shouldn't have ever made you leave. We are supposed to be a team, and talk things out. I love you Y/n. I'm sorry for the inconveniences I've made and for hurting your feelings. I want to be with you. I love you." "Lena please don't stay with me if you're not happy. If it's about the kids happiness it's okay. They will be fine. We will both still be in there lives. It might be a little hard for them but they seem to be doing fine right now. I want this to be your decision. Don't do anything to make anyone happy. What's going to make you happy?" "Y/n you are. Are you not hearing what I'm saying? I love you. I want to be with you. I miss you and the kids miss you. You make me happy. You've always been by me no matter how I've treated you. I love you. Hell, at this point I need you. Please just come back. We can talk and work this out. Well that's only if you want to. I never even asked how you feel. Do yo-" "Lena. Calm down" she said cutting my rambling short. She embraced me in a hug and just held me.

"I love you Lena. I've never stopped loving you and I never will. Whether we are together or apart. I want to be with you Lena. I miss you and the kids. I just wanted to make sure it's what you wanted. You never put yourself first. It's okay to be selfish sometimes." "I love you too y/n."

"Mama! Tell Auggie to give me the remote!" Amelia yelled. "Lena I think you should go deal with that" she said with a smile. "Ugh no. Why?" "Because they're more afraid of you." "That's just because you give them everything they want and I don't."

"Mama! Oli hit me!" Auggie yelled running downstairs. Y/n went and dealt with what was happening. And as weird as it sounds I had a smile on my face the whole time. I missed my family.