Chapter 2

It turns out that, that day didn't go that well. I was really stressed with work and I was being pressured to finish a project early. I was also upset about other things but that's not that important right now I can't focus on that if I don't want to be fired. But it was the weekend and luckily I finished the project. So now I'm going to go to the bar. I never liked getting drunk so I'll probably get a glass of wine or something I'm not going to drink much.

I walk into the bar and sit down. I was thinking about ordering wine but I needed something stronger so I got a shot of whiskey. Then I ordered a glass of wine. When I was done ordering I went to the bathroom really quick.

Before I entered I heard screaming.

"How long have you been stalking me and why" someone said calmly. "Because you left without a warning and never came back you didn't think I would be worried". "AND FOR WHAT I DIDNT CHANGE AND WHY ARE YOU WORRIED NOW. YOU WERENT WORRIED FOR ALL THISE YEARS AND BASICALLY IGNORED ME SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL. SO WHY WORRY NOW YOU SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN HERE ITS A WOMANS ROOM". "I wanted to see if you were still a disappointment turns out that you are". Then I heard a loud smack and I rushed into the bathroom.

As I entered I saw someone laying on the ground and a man standing there. She looked up and it was her. It was Katie. She didn't deserve that. And whoever that is, is about to end up in the hospital. I may not know her well but I know that she's a good person and doesn't deserve that.

I got so mad. "You dumbass what the fuck is wrong with you who are you to lay your hands on someone let alone a woman". "It's none of your business". "You better leave in the next five seconds or you won't like what will happen". "And what are you going to do your half my size" he said while laughing. "Ok you didn't want to listen".

I punched him in the face and he dropped to the grown. Then I kicked him. I went to punch him again but he grabbed my hand. He was actually weaker than he looked so I got out of his hold and punched him one more time before he passed out.

I forgot Katie was in there. I turned around and she had her knees brought up to her chest with her head down crying. "I know it's not my place but I'm sorry I get it if your scared of me now but there was no reason for him to slap you" I said while starting to walk out". "Wait". She said while getting up and wiping away her tears. I turned around and my heart sank. She looked so broken. Whatever that guy was talking to her about she was definitely broken.

She walked past me and to the bar. I know she wanted to take that pain away but I couldn't just sit there and watch her do it carelessly. She ordered scotch and then vodka. She was in her third glass when I stopped her from ordering a fourth one. She seemed pretty drunk which I didn't hope would happen but it did. She gets drunk really easily I guess.

"Let me be why are you stopping me". "Because I can't sit here and watch you get like this". "Why you barley know me". "It doesn't matter let me take you home". "I don't want to go home". "Why". "I don't want to be alone". "Fine come on" I said pulling her arm to get up. "Where are we going". "Back to my house come on".

We got up and left. If I was being honest I didn't feel comfortable leaving her alone so I guess she will be sleeping at my house.

We got home and I got some clothes out for her to change into. She went to go change and I heard a loud thud.

"Hey are you ok". "Yeah can you help me though I can't put my leg in the pant hole". "Yeah I'm coming". I didn't know that she was so drunk that she could barley even dress herself. So I went in and helped her put the pants I gave her on. Then she asked me to help her with her shirt. Once she was done getting dressed I helped get in the bed so she could fall asleep.

"Where are you going" she said while pulling me back to the bed. "I'm going to go sleep on the couch". "No.....please don't leave me I don't want to be alone" she starting to cry. "Fine I'll stay here until you fall asleep". After I said that she wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my stomach. "I don't think I can, can we just talk it's ok if you don't want to". "Yeah we can talk about anything you want".

"Can I ask you a question" she said. "Sure what is it". "What's your name you know mine but I don't know yours". "Oh my name is Y/n". "Hmm that's a pretty name". "Thanks now if you don't mind me asking who was that guy we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to". "No it's ok that was my dad". "So you mean to tell me that your dad slapped you in the face without a care and then kept saying those things about you". "Yeah that's my dad my mom isn't any better they just stopped caring about me when they found out". "Found our what". "That I am gay" she said while crying a little.

"It's ok I know what it feels like with my mom at least my dad didn't care that I was gay". " what happened with you". "My mom divorced my dad because he didn't care and my mom told me before she left that I was the biggest disappointment that has happened in her life and she was ashamed to have me as her kid. She called me today to see if I changed and when I told her I didn't she said I was a mistake and that I shouldn't ever be able to find love so I went to the bar but not to get drunk I just wanted one or two drinks". "Are you ok I know what that does to a person I mean look at me I'm a mess and just like my dad said a disappointment".

"What are you talking about every time I've walked into that cafe your working your hardest I may not know much about you but your dad is wrong about anything and everything he says to you he should be happy to have you as his daughter". "anyone should be lucky to have you I know I would" I said in a whisper. "What was the last part you said". "It was nothing". "Ok".

We stayed in silence for a few minutes and when I looked down she was asleep. I was to lazy to go move to the couch so I stayed there and we went to sleep like that.