Guilt

"Lena" I yelled stepping in front of her. I quickly wrapped my left arm around her waist, and used my right arm to grab her head and pull it into my chest while turning us around. Three bullets went in to my back and I stumbled forward but quickly regained my balance.

Lena leaned back and quickly shifted us so she was holding me up. "No no no. Y/n why would you do that" Lena pleaded.

Kara quickly got ahold of the shooter and passed him off to the Deo. She then rushed towards me.

I couldn't focus on anything anyone was saying. The pain was a lot and I couldn't register anything.

"Lena let me take her to the Deo before she looses too much blood" I managed to hear Kara say. I looked at Lena and saw her eyes watering up. I watched as some tears fell out.

Lena and Kara were talking about something but I couldn't pay attention to it. Lena moved to pass me off to Kara.

"No Lena I don't want to leave. Please you have to come with me" I begged. "Y/n I promise as soon as I get you there and situated I will bring Lena. I promise nothing will happen to her." "Im not leaving Lena" I said not budging, backing up slightly from Kara.

"Y/n please go you're injured. I promise I will be there as soon as I can." "Fine" I gave in.

Kara carefully, but quickly, picked me up and took me to the Deo.

They put a mask on my face and I passed out.
-----------
I woke up sore but it didn't hurt as bad as it should. I groaned sitting up looking around the room. I saw Lena slouched, sitting in a chair starting to doze off. It was cute if I'm honest.

She lowered her head, closing her eyes. She bounced her head back up slightly opening her eyes. Once she saw I was awake she fully opened them and sat up straight.

"Y/n how do you feel" she questioned yawning. "Have you slept at all?" "I tried but I couldn't stay asleep. How do you feel though? I came up with something that hopefully would ease any pain you would have. You should only be sore." "Yeah it just feels like I got punched in the back too many times. Thank you."

I stood up and walked towards Lena.

"Can we go home? I don't want to stay in here any longer. And I know you're tired." "Are you sure you feel fine? I don't want to leave and you're not okay." "I'm fine. I just want to be in my own bed." "Okay let's go home."
---------
We got home and Lena was very clingy. She followed me everywhere I went and tended to everything I needed. When we finally laid down she didn't want to lay on me because she thought it would hurt me too much. So she opted to lay very stiffly next to me.

"Lena what's wrong? I know you're tired but you stayed up with me when you should've went to bed." "I've never met anyone that would take a bullet for me. I love you Y/n. I don't know how to repay you." "You don't have to. I don't want you to. I love you Lena. I'm always going to protect you, or at least try to." "You risked your life for me. I just want to make sure that you're comfortable, and that you have everything you need. I don't know what I would've done if you got hurt worse than you did." "Stop thinking about that. You're safe and that's all that matters. And I'm okay. I'm only a little sore thanks to whatever you made to help me heal. I promise you I wouldn't change a single thing about what happened."

She moved to kiss my cheek and then went back to laying stiff.

"Lena please stop laying like that. I promise you're not going to hurt me if you lay on me." "I don't want to put you in any more pain." "Lena I'm not in pain. Come here" I said shifting myself so she could lay on me.

She laid on me but very lightly.

"You can't go back in the field yet" she whispered. "I don't want you out there yet. Please?" "Of course. I'm on medical leave for the next two weeks and I don't plan on going back even after that. At least not for a while." She sat there silently thinking.

I knew she was afraid of me getting hurt. That she thought it was her fault for me getting hurt. But it wasn't. I wish she could see that. I wish she didn't feel so guilty.

"We can talk about all of this tomorrow. I know you're exhausted so go to sleep" I said lightly running my hand up and down her back.

"I love you" she whispered, lightly kissing my jaw. "I love you too."