In sickness and health, til death do us part

I don't really know what happened. Katie just got sick all of the sudden. I hate seeing her like this. We don't know what it is. But it scares me. We went to the doctors and they said they couldn't help. She gets weaker everyday. She can't do the normal stuff she used to.

I have to help her shower, eat, even brush her teeth along with other things. I don't know how it progressed so fast or what's even happening. I just want to be with her for however long I can. But it doesn't look like we have much time.

Me and Katie are taking a bath right now.

"Y/n" she said weakly. "Yeah" I said after kissing the top of her head. "You don't have to stay here with me. I don't want to keep you here" she struggled to get out. "I'm not leaving you." "I'm getting weaker by the day. You don't need to stay here when you could go live your life instead of being stuck in the house with me." "Katie no. We are married. What type of wife am I if I leave you? I love you. Okay? I'm not leaving." "I just feel like dead weight. I can barley do anything by myself and I don't want to stay like this" she said tearing up. "You're going to get better. We can go see other doctors maybe they'll know what's wrong." "I don't want to see other doctors. I don't want to deal with this anymore. I'm tired" she said breaking down. "Shhh we're going to figure this out" I said comforting her.

The truth is it was hard seeing her like this. We talked about starting a family and everything. But that never happened.

Katie passed away three months later right next to me in her sleep.

A friends Pov:
Katie's death shocked us all. It obviously affected Y/n the most. She loved her so much you could tell. At Katie's funeral she got up to speak but couldn't finish her speech and ended up breaking down crying. I've never seen her like this. She's usually quiet or always making some joke. But I get it.

Everyone is worried about her. She's been locked up in her house which is normal in this situation. But she won't let anyone in. She leaves the doors locked and no one is allowed in. The only reason we know she is alive is because she texts her mom and Katie's family periodically. I've tried to text her to get out the house. I even offered to just go to my house and hang out. But she wants space and time to grieve and I understand that.

Your Pov:
I feel like I have an empty hole in me. A numb feeling. I knew her time was coming but I never could've been prepared for it.

I spend most of my time laying in bed starring at where she used to lay. Her pillow still smelled like her. I can't go in her little reading room as I like to call it. She put a bunch of pictures of us up on the wall and I just can't go in there again yet.

The first day after she passed I sat in there for hours. It felt safe in there. I spent almost the whole day in there. It made me realize why she spent so much time in there. But after the first day I couldn't bring myself to go back in there.

I cry everyday but no tears come out anymore. I can't explain how I'm feeling. I sit and think all day. I'm trapped in my thoughts. I try to focus on something else but I can't. Maybe I should go meet up with some family or friends but I'd just kill the mood.

I can't stop thinking about her. I can't change that she's dead and I can't bring her back.

I fell back asleep not wanting to do anything else.

No one's Pov:
Y/n goes on like this for a couple months. Three months after Katie's death Y/n falls asleep. You could tell she seemed happy when she slept. Like that was the only time she could truly be at peace.

The next day she never woke up. She had died in her sleep due to heartbreak.

A/n: Yes I'm still working on requests I just get stuck at certain parts and stop and write something else for a bit.

I am also back at school which I actually like this year. I'm in a technical school for the first half of the school days for culinary arts and it's really fun. I also am getting better at talking to people and I also made a little bit of friends. We have homecoming this year and I'm scared to go because I'm not going to be wearing a dress and i don't even really know what to wear. But I want to go cause I've never been to one.

Sorry I went on a little rant for no reason. I hope everyone has a good day :). If anyone gets bored and want to talk I'm here 😁