Driver

My life is pretty interesting being Lena Luther's driver. I basically could drive however I wanted and not get in trouble. And the pay is really good.

All I do is wait for her to call or text me. All I have to do is stay in the area.

Lena texted me that she was done working for the day so I went to go get her.

"Sorry I know this is earlier than I'm usually done but I couldn't stay in that office any longer." "It's okay Lena. My job is to literally drive you places whenever you need me to." "Do you want to go get something to eat? Unless you were in the middle of doing something when I texted you, in that case you can go back to it." "No we can get something to eat. What're you in the mood for I'll pay" I said with a smile. "I'm not sure I'm just hungry" she said embarrassed. "That's okay I think I know a place. It's a little out the way though. Is that fine?" "Yes we can go wherever. I don't care how far."

We went to go get food and actually sat down and got to talk to Lena. I'm glad I got to know her and I can't stop thinking about her now. Everything she does is never for herself. It's always to help other people.

She may have a cold look but she actually cares.

---------
Ever since that night I've been seeing her more than usual. I enjoyed her company. Most nights when I picked her up she would end up back at my house.

For the most part we would just watch tv. She would talk about her day or what's bothering her. She just needed someone to listen. To care to listen. And that was me. I could never get sick of her voice.

I felt guilty for liking her as more than a friend. I mean after all, she was my boss.

When she first started staying at my place I would let her sleep in my bed and I would sleep on the couch. Then one night Lena got drunk and decided she wanted to watch a movie in my room. She was cuddled up in to me and when I checked on her she was asleep. I tried to get up and move but she wouldn't let me.

I can't stop thinking about her. I look forward to seeing her everyday. Was it wrong for me to think about her like this?

Tonight she wants me to go to the gala with her. Not to drive her. To actually go in with her.

There's a reason I'm only Lena's driver. I don't like people. It just so happens that I've gotten lucky the past couple of times. The past people I've worked for have happened to pay me enough that I've only had to drive them around and not look for other people.

All of them never cared to learn my name. I never had to talk to them. I was fine with it. I didn't like talking. I wasn't very social.

That was until I met Lena. When I saw her, something in me just ignited. I had to know her.

I was scared to go to this gala. What were people going to say? What am I supposed to say to these stuck up rich people?

The whole car ride I was bouncing my leg. Did I forget to mention she got someone else to drive us? It makes me feel weird. I'm so nervous.

"Y/n" Lena called out. "Hm" I hummed. "What's wrong? We can turn around if you want. I know this is new for you" she said grabbing my hand. "I'm just nervous. I don't know what to do at these types of events. I usually just drive there I never have to actually go in." "I know which is why I'm going to stay with you the whole time. I'm not leaving your side. I do have to go up and give a small speech but you will come up with me and stand at the side of the stage. I promise. After the speech we can leave. I just didn't want to go by myself. I really appreciate you coming with me."

I looked over at Lena and really took in what she was wearing. How did I not notice? She looked gorgeous. She looked beautiful. She was always beautiful.

"You look beautiful by the way. I didn't say that earlier." "Thank you" she said kissing my cheek.

"I really appreciate you spending time with me" she said grabbing my hand. "I like spending time with you" I said with a smile.

"I like you Y/n" she said staring into my eyes.

"Ms. Luthor we're here" the driver said.

"I promise we'll only have to be here for a little over an hour" Lena said before opening the door.

She helped me out the car and we walked into the venue.
-----------------
The event was over and Lena was back at my place as usual. We were laying in my bed with me on my back and her laying on top of me. Her arms were wrapped around my waist while her head was on my chest.

"Lena" I said messing with her hair, scrolling through my phone. She hummed in response slightly tilting her head up to look at me.

"People think we're dating" I said showing her my phone. "Is that a bad thing?" "Do you think it's a bad thing?" "No. I like you a lot. I've never spent this much time with anyone." "I'm surprised you haven't gotten annoyed with me yet. But, I like spending time with you too."

"So I need to go out of town for a week. I have some business in a different city." "Do you want me to drop you off there?" "No" she trailed off. She started playing with the bottom of my shirt.

"What" I questioned looking down at her. "I wanted to ask if you would come with me?" "Stay down there with you?" "Yeah. You can definitely say no. I get that you have other things to do and we've been spending a lot of time together so you probably want a break from me." "Lena of course I'll go with you. Only if you let me take you to dinner while we're down there."

"Like a date?" "Yes. Unless you don't want it to be a date." "Of course I do" she said moving up to peck my lips.