Lonely

Were you upset because you were lonely? Yeah. Do you like it when your friends talk about who they are dating and their dating life? No. But what can you really do. I have figured out by now that me dating someone isn't good. I'm just never in the mood for anything. Yeah it's good to have someone you love be around you and stuff but being single is good too. You don't need to wait on people and you don't have a constant fear that the other person is cheating. Plus relationships were never my thing.

I was fine with being single until I came into work one day and I saw this girl. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. But of course everyone threw themselves at her. Literally, everyone even the ones in relationships. I wanted to talk to her but I wouldn't. I would not let myself act like everyone else. She wasn't someone's property or toy or something to take or steal and that's how they were treating her. I also didn't even know if she was into girls.

Anyway, after her first day everyone thought it was a challenge to get with her. While everyone was doing that I became friends with her. I learned her name was Katie. She was actually really nice and sweet.

Me and Katie spent a lot of time together. Spending all that time together made me like her more and it got harder to push the feeling down. But I have to. I'm not cut out for relationships. Well I don't really know. The last time I dated someone was a long time ago.

Today we were all going out to the bar. I don't really want to go I wasn't in the mood to drink but Katie convinced me.

So I went. But instead of Katie staying with me she left me and started dancing with strangers. I sat on a stool at the bar messing with my drink while watching people dance with her. I was mad that they were dancing with her but what could I do. I wasn't dating her she wasn't mine. And everybody around me was talking about who they were dating it was starting to piss me off.

So I went to the bathroom. I was frustrated and annoyed. Maybe I should just tell her how I feel. Worst thing that could happen is that she won't be my friend anymore. I didn't know what to do for once.

A few tears fell down my face while I was thinking. All of the sudden Katie walks in.

"Oh hey Katie." "Look y/n I know your upset and people talk at work I hear them talking and it's nothing bad. But when you are done being upset I'm sure there is someone that is waiting to get you." "What are you even talking about Katie. Nobody is waiting for me."

Then she got closer to me and kissed me. It was everything I hoped it would be. "I'm waiting for you. So when you're ready I'm here." After she just left.

I mean what am I supposed to do after that. I just went home after that. She probably wouldn't remember any of that anyway.

After a whole week I said nothing about it and neither did she. I figured she forgot and maybe it was for the better.

"Y/n can I talk to you." Katie said while pulling me into another room. "Oh sure just give me a minute to put my stuff down." I said sarcastically.

"What is it. Just tell me what did I do y/n. You acted different ever since I kissed you in that bar. I was waiting for you to ask me out. I thought that you felt the same way. Just tell me if you do or not. I need to know. Please y/n." "I'm sorry Katie I-." "I knew you wouldn't feel the same way I'm sorry just forget it." She said while she turned around and started walking out the room.

I grabbed her arm and led her back in the room. "Just wait I wasn't finished. I'm sorry that I was acting weird. I do feel the same way but you know how all those other relationships went for me. I was just scared. And I didn't ask you out because I thought you forgot about it. I thought you might have been drunk or something because it was pretty random."

"So you do like me?" "Yes Katie. And if you still want to do you want to go on a date with me tonight." "Of course. And we don't have to go fast or anything we can go as slow as you want." "Ok. I'll pick you up at eight." "I'll see you then." After that I kissed her on the lips then walked out.

I haven't updated anything in a while wow. I might update my other one later but probably not.