Finding her

Y/n has been missing for days. I haven't fallen asleep. I haven't stopped crying. Where has she been? I've reported her missing, I've asked the Deo for help, I've asked Supergirl for help, but there's nothing. It's like she's vanished out of thin air.

Where is my girlfriend? I can't go to sleep until I see her. I need to know she's fine. I need to know she's alive.

It's been over a week and now they're saying we should start looking at bodies too. I can't even think of her dead. I can't imagine seeing her dead body lying on that table. And then I have to identify her? She can't be dead. I can just feel that she's not.

It wasn't long before I got a call asking me to come down. They found a body and they match her description.

My stomach dropped walking through the place. My eyes were welling up with tears but I had to keep it together.

I was standing in front of the body waiting for them to pull the tarp back. I felt queasy. I was sick to my stomach thinking about the chance that this could be her.

Tears were falling down my face as I waited. It can't be her. It can't be.

They pulled the tarp back and I broke down. It looked exactly like her. But it couldn't be her. Right? Maybe it wasn't.

I scanned her body looking for the few things that would tell me.

The tattoo on the left side of her lower abdomen. This girl didn't have that.

The nose piercing on the right side of her nose. It was there but it wasn't the jewelry she had.

The birthmark on her right foot. It wasn't there.

Most importantly the long scar on her right leg that ran from her knee down to her ankle. It wasn't there.

This wasn't her. It. Wasn't. Her. I let out a sob but I was relieved.

"It's not her" I mumbled. They nodded, covering the body back up. I was allowed to leave and continued my search for her.

I still had hope. It wasn't her. She's not dead. I can feel she's not dead. I need to find her.

Where could she be? Who took her?

I'm spiraling. I need to find her. I feel like I'm nothing without her.

It was two weeks later when they called me in again. They pulled the tarp back and it looked like her again.

It wasn't.

The scar she had on her elbow from following backwards off a skateboard back when she was little wasn't there.

I couldn't even look over the body anymore because it wasn't her. I'm getting sick to my stomach.

I know she's not dead. I'm getting sick of this. I need her home.

I stayed up all night and day looking for her. Tracking cameras, going over the last messages in her phone, tracking her last location.

It was a whole month later when I found her.

I called Kara. I needed her to come with me.

"Lena? You said that you found Y/n" she said rushing into my apartment. "Yes. We need to go now." "We can leave in a minute we need back up." "Well then get back up. We need to leave now. I'm not waiting any longer. Let's go." "We are going but you need to listen to me when we get there. How did you even find her?" "I went to go look at the cameras and followed a few cars that looked odd."

She started going on about something but I wasn't focused. I was getting pissed off. She's wasting time. We need to go.

"Kara I'm sorry but we need to go. I refuse to wait any longer. So either you take me there or I will go myself" I said cutting her off.