Impress me

How do I tell Lena the truth? I feel bad. She's been acting weird. But I don't have the time to talk to her. I need as many hours as I can get. I am taking her out tonight though so we'll be able to talk.

A lot happened today though and I doubt she wants to go out. She's all over the news for something and I hate when this happens to her.

I knocked on her apartment door and waited for her to answer.

"Hey" she said opening the door. "What's wrong" I questioned. She stepped aside and let me in her place. "I'm sorry Y/n I don't really want to go out I-" "I saw the news. I figured you wouldn't want to go out" I said cutting her off. "I thought I could just cook you dinner here. Unless you want to be alone" I continued. "No I'd like that" she said with a small smile.
-------------
After a eating we ended up watching a movie but both of us weren't paying attention to it. Lena was zoned out and I was looking at her taking in her features.

"Y/n?" I hummed waiting for her response. "Do you like me?" "Of course I do. Why would you think that?" "You just confuse me. We could have a perfect night, like tonight, and then you disappear. I text and you give me short response. Why?" "I pick up any hours I can get at my job. It's not to avoid you or anything though. I just feel like you're used to extravagant things and I want to be able to give you that. I want I be able to pay for you when we go out. I want to be able to take you out and I don't want you to worry about anything. I want to handle it for you." "Really" she asked sitting up.

"Yeah. I know it's not a great excuse but I'm trying. I know you're not used to people doing things for you so I wanted to change that. I do like you Lena. A lot. I should've told you I'm sorry. I just really wanted to impress you I guess." "I don't care if you can't afford to take me out every week. I don't want you to take me out every week. Especially if you have to work so hard. I like just spending time with you. I know how tiring it is to work that hard. But no one's ever done that to me before I think it's cute. Thank you" she said kissing my cheek.

"Well I can cut my hours back some so we can be together more. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you." "It's okay, truly. And if you want if it's just money you want I can find you an easy side job. Or if you want a new job all together that pays higher I could also make that happen. Whatever you want. You've given me a lot and I just want to do something nice for you." "Lena I love you. And I don't need you to do anything for me. I just like being around you." "I love you too" she said kissing my collarbone.