My Lena

I was laying on my death bed. I was getting weaker and weaker by the day.

I can hear them when they come in.

"How is she not dead yet"
"Why is she still alive"
"She's just taking up space"

And I guess what they were saying was true. I was a waste of space. Not only do I want to die, but I need to die. But not until I see Lena.

Alex comes to visit me regularly. It's usually her just talking about her day or whatever gossip was recently happening.

Which is what she's doing today.

"I have some good news. Lena should be coming back sometime this week. If I'm being honest I think she's taking forever to get back because she doesn't want to see you like this. I can't imagine what she's feeling" she took a pause looking at her phone with a sigh. "I have to go now but just know that we all love you Y/n" she said standing up. She kissed the top of my head and then left.

I was getting weaker by the day. I could barley talk now. But I waited for Lena.

It was the middle of the night when I heard frantic footsteps and yelling.

"Please ma'am you really can't be here right now. You need to come back in the morning" a woman said. "I'm not leaving I need to see my wife" I heard an all to familiar voice say.

She barged into my room with the nurse behind her. The nurse just sighed and walked away.

"Oh Y/n. I'm sorry it took me so long" she said sadly. "I waited for you" I said weakly with a smile. "Shh don't waste your energy. I'm so sorry I wasn't here. I shouldn't have went with Kara. I wasn't here to protect you" she said starting to cry.

"Don't Lena. You didn't know" I said grabbing her hand.

"Well come on" she said wiping her tears away and going to unhook the machines. "What're you doing?" "I'm taking you home. I'm not letting you die in here" she said gently. "Lena it's a waste of time. I don't have much time left." "Can you just not talk like that right now. Just please" she paused and took a deep breathe. "We don't have to leave if you don't want to. I just want you to be comfortable" she said running her hand through my hair gently. "Can we go tomorrow? It's really late." "Yes. I'm sorry it took me so long to get here." "It's okay. You were out saving the world that's more important." "There's nothing more important than you." "Not even the world" I asked with a small laugh. "Not even the world" she said staring at me.

"Well move over" she said getting up. "You're not going home?" "Are you crazy? I was away from you long enough I'm not leaving now that I'm here."

I moved over and Lena got in bed next to me, laying her head on my chest.

We talked for a few hours and eventually she fell asleep.

"My Lena, I love you" I whispered before kissing her forehead.

I eventually went to sleep but I wouldn't wake up the next day.

A/n: sorry I haven't updated in a while. I haven't had any motivation to write anything.