eventful evening

Getting through the mail, Lauren's good mood definitely sombered when her eyes landed on the white envelope that carried a familiar High School symbol on its front; groaning to herself, she opened it carelessly and grabbed the folded letter, directed to both her and Camila. It was an invitation to attend the 10th Swingsations get together, to celebrate the most successful class that had managed to win all the competitions till Nationals, all in the same year.

"What's wrong baby?" Camila's arms sneaked around her wife's waist, palms pressed against her taut abs under the loose t-shirt she was wearing. "Is that a Miami High envelope?" Her curiosity got the best of her, so she took hold of it ignoring the grunts coming from the other woman.

"It's next month." Lauren groaned and rubbed her face with her palm, aside from few friends she had kept in contact with, she wasn't really happy to go back to their hometown. Her relationship with her family had always been complicated, due to the additional appendage to her feminine body, which wasn't too welcomed by her close minded Christian parents. As soon as she was legal age, they had happily sent Lauren on her way, allowing her to leave with her part of allowance and cutting every contact with their daughter.

"It's been a while since we saw all the gang, it could be a nice way to catch up with everyone else." The brunette's high school years had been more pleasant, despite her on and off relationship with her high school sweetheart and Swingsations male lead. "We didn't attend Mr. Cowell's wedding, we can take this as an opportunity to see him and Mrs. Lovato as well."

"What about Harmony? I really don't want to expose her to the inquisitive glances of those ignorant Miami people nor stress her with a long flight for something so trivial like a Swingsations reunion." The blonde photographer folded her arms over her chest and looked at her wife with a stern glare. "What's so special about seeing the gang? We kept in touch with all the people that mattered."

"They used to be our family, Lauren. I don't understand your bad attitude toward people that helped and supported you throughout some of the worst times of your life." The singer sat the envelope down, her stance mimicked her wife's. If someone was as stubborn as the ex-HBIC, well that was Camila Cabello.

"Well forgive me if I am not happy to see the guy who was my wife's first love and potential husband drool over her and still attempting to reconnect." Lauren scoffed and stood straighter, she had never stood Harry Styles and the less she saw him, the better was for her. "Maybe that's why you want to go huh? So you can see your high school sweetheart and go over all the good times together?"

"LAUREN JAUREGUI! Don't you dare insinuate I have still some lingering feelings for Harry Styles?" Camila raised her voice and got in her wife's face, who kept her frown and icy glare, despite knowing very well that her marriage was solid and based on their honest feelings for each other. "I married you, didn't I? We have a wonderful baby together and probably I am already carrying your second child in my wombs, after hours of passionate intercourses that happened between me and you."

"Mommy? Mama? Why you screaming?" Harmony walked sleepily in the living room, having been woken up by the two women's raised voices. The blonde moved away from the desk where she was leaning on and moved toward their daughter, she scooped the confused brunette in her arms and settled her on her hip, rocking her gently.

"Nothing baby, I was just helping Mama with her new play." The photographer dropped a soft kiss on her baby girl's forehead, feeling her small hands wrap around the fabric of her t-shirt and her head tuck against her shoulder. "I am sorry we woke you up, but now Mommy will tuck you in and lay with you, okay?"

"Okay Mommy." Harmony snuggled herself closer to her mother's neck, her nose nuzzled the soft skin at reach inhaling the familiar scent that provided warmth and safety in her young life. "Night Mama." She slipped her thumb in her mouth and sucked on it as Lauren carried her back to bed, without sparing her wife another glance.