long weeks

By the end of summer, the Jauregui-Cabello family had packed their suitcases and moved across the country to return to their hometown based in New York City where friends and jobs waited for them; the pregnant diva had been casted for a Broadway show, that would last 1 month and half and that would give her plenty of time to take care of the remaining months of her pregnancy. Lauren, instead, was going to return to the photography firm she had created with some of her college friends and to the NYU course she took three times a week.

Their schedule was quite busy indeed, mostly considering they had to include their small princess who was definitely a priority in their life but they always managed to work and be good mothers at the same time; since Camila worked mostly at night, she spent her whole day with the little brunette and Lauren had loosened her work schedule to spend morning or afternoon off to stay home with her girls. The black haired woman was currently sitting on the couch of their spacious living room, MacBook in her lap as she went through some shoots to rearrange for the advertisement firm they were collaborating with. Everyone else in the big flat was still soundly asleep, both brunette were cuddled under light blanket in the master bedroom where the photographer had left them earlier.

Morning sickness wasn't as bad as when Camila was carrying Harmony, but its effects still kicked in and just added to the tiredness that come from the show rehearsals and the stress of performing for a big audience; Lauren knew that her wife could still shine bright on the stage and as long as it didn't give her too much worry, Camila could have kept her tight relationship with her second love until the show was over. After that, she had already signed a contract with a big music etiquette - where Dinah worked - for her first album with her original songs.

"Mommy..." Harmony Jauregui-Cabello was the epitome of cuteness first in the morning, with her messy dark locks and bright eyes that were a mix of both of her mothers' and sporting an adorable pout that rivaled with her Mama's one. The black haired woman sat the laptop on the coffee table and just welcomed her daughter, who climbed in her lap and buried her face between her shoulder and neck, gripping the collar of her polo shirt.

"Did you have a nightmare baby girl?" Lauren's voice was soothing and safe, making the small brunette suddenly relax in her arms as she cradled her gently, not wanting her to fall or slip to the floor. The photographer leaned back into the couch, lips pressed against the top of her head as she rocked them back and forth, the way her mother used to when she was a small child herself.

"Giant wanted to hurt mama and the baby." The small brunette buried her face further in her mother's neck, tightening the grip with her small fists that bunched the fabric of her shirt. "I want helped her but...but..." Fresh tears pooled inside the girl's eyes, gently falling down her rosy cheeks as her little body was wrecked with sobs and whimpers.

"Shhh, I will never let anyone hurt you or your mama or the baby she is carrying. I'll protect you, baby girl." The black haired woman kept rocking her upset daughter, wiping her small eyes with her handkerchief as someone else slipped inside the room, still visibly sleepy but shifting into 'mother mode' once they took notice of the crying girl. "Bad dream." Lauren mouthed to her wife, who nodded relieved and sat on the couch beside them, patting the small brunette's back softly.

"She has calmed down" Camila whispered to her wife, who looked down at their now asleep daughter that had exhausted herself with her tears, the black haired woman kissed her forehead gently and stood up, carrying the little girl back to the safety of her bed and gently tucking her in. Lauren lingered in the doorway, eyes fixed on the asleep child as two familiar arms circled her waist from behind and another body tucked into her back. "What was that about?"

"Ironically enough, there was a giant who wanted to hurt you and the baby." The surfer led them back into the living room, keeping the baby monitor on the coffee table as she sat back down and pulled her wife in her lap. "Metaphors are important and our very sensitive daughter had a nightmare about a monster that reminds me of that asshole of your ex and whose balls I kicked few weeks ago."