Chapter N.90-Ingratitude to The Ungrateful

"The Reluctant Lich is ready, after sharpening his weapons, his mind got clear on what to do."

"At first, he thought of calling Red Rose's Gangsters to help him foghtimg The Knights..."

"... But then, he thought..."

Smi="I don't need anyone else besides me."

Smi="I'll take my daughter by myself..."

Smi="Asking for help just caused me troubles in the past, and I'll never make that mistake once again!"

Smi=The only person I want to help me would be you, Maria.

"Looking at the picture of his wife, he is remembering about the day they met, one of the few memories he treasures."

"...More than 20 years ago, Smith was on a huge boat, traveling,trying to create his life somehwere else."

???=Young man, where are you going, riding this boat?

Smi=I seek for adventure! And maybe even work as a blacksmith!

???=A blacksmith? Aren't you a lich? Why would you take interest in weapons? Can't you use magic like every other dude of your race?

Smi=...I was born with no magical ability.

???=Uh... I... Understand.

"The other guy goes away, with his head facing the floor."

"Smith was never seen as a noble undead. His lack of magical ability made him stand out too, much... In a bad way."

"... But he doesn't give up. Tightening his fists."

"... He keeps fighting his identity day and night, until one night, on the same boat..."

"An incident accours, the motor of the boat fails and a heavy storm wrecks fhe ship in half."

"He never knew he would've been the only survivor..."

"... As he would've never knew that love was waiting for him, as soon as he got up on that beach."

"The Lich still has his eyes closed, as someone brought him onto the shore."

"A soothing voice chants, harmonizing with the sweet wind of the sunset."

"Smith gently opens his eyes, with the delicate stroke of the sea's waves."

Smi=W-What happened?

Mar=Oh? You finally woke up!

"It's a mermaid, with long light blue hair, wearing an orange top made out of coral, presenting two mirrored moons on it."

???=You shipwrecked. Luckily I was there when that happened... And I chose to save you.

Smi=You could've saved someone useful.

"He gets up, looking around him."

Smi=Where am I?

???=I'm not gonna tell you! Didn't you forget something?

Smi=... What a pain...

Smi=What's your name?

???=My name is Maria! Nice to meet you!~

Smi=Great. But tell me where we are.

Mar=... This is Liwake, a small village in the island of Ranco.

Smi=Never heard about it.

"He quickly checks his body, worried."

Mar=Do you need that weapon?

Smi=Yeah. Where is it?