Chapter N.4-The Ancient Disease

Sat=Do you really want to see my... Smile?

Rom=Yeah! I...

"As the robes on Satin's mouth get moved by Roma's hand... His smile is huge and creepy, almost litterally ear-to-ear, and his yellowish teeth stand out, being so close to his candid robes, create a contrast between disgust and purity."

Sat=See? It is terryfing, now just-

Rom=It's beautiful. I love your smile.

Sat=What?

Rom=I don't care how "ugly" a smile may be. A sincere smile still means happiness. And when you are happy, I feel great.

Sat=We just know each other since an hour or so! You are exaggerating, in my opinion.

Rom=... I'm not, I just recognized you are a good person.

"An abnormal silence stalls the situation... Satin is visibly blushy."

Rom=Now, as you said, let's go to that forest...

Sat=Oh! Okay!

"During this long walk, the two of them..."

"...Satin shakes, his teeth are gritting, and his voice's volume goes lower and lower..."

Sat=R-roma... I do not feel so good... I am about to...

"Satin passes out, his light body makes almost no sound, exception made for his white robes falling on the ground."

Rom=Satin!

"Roma is seeking for a place to let her friend rest... But the whole place is just trees after trees... The Bloody Bride puts Satin on her back, with just-found inner strenght."

Rom="This Spiked Ball! The one he always carries around, attached to his noose! It's so damn heavy!"

Rom="Is this... His burden? A regret? A punishment? This Spiked Ball seems something like that. Something bad that ruined his past life."

Rom="Thinking of it... I've got a punishment too... Everytime my knife enters my wound, It gives me atrocious pain. But that knife, is what gives me power in this world."

Rom="I really don't know what are these, but I sure know one thing..."

Rom="I won't let you lose the challenge, Satin! You'll show that bartender your true strenght!"

"... Roma drags Satin to the Three Fingers' Forest. Her back crumbles from pain, her legs barely manage to stand up, and her arms have gone completely numb."

Rom=We... Are almost there... Satin... You must... Win.

"Roma faints. That was everything she could've done."

"Meanwhile, at the bar next to The Self-Graveyard..."

"The Owner of The Inn, while cleaning some cups."

Own="... That redhead girl and her friend, they want to know The Forbidden Secret... How they died, that's why I inflicted that skeleton guy a curse. It isn't just a radar to know where they are..."

Own="It's an ancient lethal disease that will kill him in less than three days. I hope this will be a lesson for everyone. The Organization told me to spread this rebel's death in the entire Leemboah once he's dead."

Own="They are trying to escape from the Three Fingers' Forest?"

Own=... Everyone who riots against The Organization will be silenced."

"In The Three Fingers' Forest, both of them passed out, Roma was exhausted and Satin's disease starts to manifest."

"Roma is going crazy..."

Rom=W-where am i? It looks like a box made out of total darkness!

"Roma screams and grunts, trying to exit this "box" her fists fly against the "walls" without results. It was useless."

???=Roma! Calm down! It's me! The Guardian of The Self-Graveyard!

Rom=Bael! The Purple Orc!

Bae=Listen. You got tricked by that bartender, right? I should have warned you.

Rom=Tricked?! Isn't this just a stupid challenge to get informations? Maybe he doesn't know anything?

Bae=This isnt't just a stupid challenge! He just got your friend marked with a deadly disease! He has three days!

Rom=Why would he do that?!

Bae=... You... You want to know how you died, right?

Rom=Yes, Satin and I want to unfold this mistery.

Bae=Don't you remember?! I told you that doing that would only cause you troubles! I knew you were Rebels...

Bae=Indeed, I will help you. You simply conquered my trust.

Rom=Thank you so much, Bael! I'm sure we'll make it with your help! Do you need to unfold your past too?

Bae=I do not need that. I was born in this world, I am one of the so called "Pure Beings." A Pure Being is a monster that never died. It just was born here, in The Leemboah or in The Afterlife in general.

Bae=By the way... I know how to save your friend. Although that curse is not a normal disease... A special doctor can heal your friend.

Rom=A doctor? A simple doctor can heal an ancient disease caused by a curse?

Bae=I will repeat myself. She is a special doctress. Even though she is very young, Doctress Bezra is well prepared.

Rom=Bezra? I understand. Where can I find this doctress?

Bae=... She lives fairly distant from the Three Fingers' Forest... Around fifty kilometers to east... You would need a vehicle.

Rom=Are there vehicles in this world?

Bae=There are many technological things in here. Just because the aesthetic looks old doesn't mean the place shouldn't be technologically advanced. Don't you think so?

Rom=... Yeah, it makes sense... Kinda...

Rom=Wait! If technology exists in this world too, why can't I just call an ambulance?

Bae=I'm gonna be honest with you, lady. This place is corrupted by The Organization's social power. They made "illegal" to find out how a person died. That means you two, are considered rebels. You won't get any help from society, in its current state.

Rom=... I got it. Bael. Thank you for helping us. I will not tell anyone that you are helping us.

Bae=... Roma! Someone is coming there! I must leave this mental link! Goodbye!

"As the mental link turns off, Roma wakes up, and runs towards an asleep Satin. While trying to wake him up, losing hope, she sheds bitter tears."

Rom=SATIN! WAKE UP! THEY'RE COMING!

"Satin's body becomes intangible, but he is still sleeping."

"Weird but strong metallic noises come from the distance, while Roma's look gets prepared and fiery."

Rom=Now I can transport his body with ease but... His Spiked Ball...

Rom=I don't care, we will get through this.

"As Roma picks up Satin's heavy Spiked Ball with her arms, the huge steel spikes enter through her flesh."

"She just closes shut her mouth, with her teeth heavily compressed together, in an expression of true pain."

Rom=N-Now... I'll hide...

"It's useless. There's no place to hide...
The Organization arrived."

"An old and rusty vehicle comes from nowhere. Roma has fled inside a building she found in the forest."

End Of Chapter 4.