♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₇₈

Start from the beginning

Kissing the top of her head, then her belly, I pushed myself off the bed and walked out the room going downstairs where everybody else was. The kids watching a movie on the big screen, while the adults were in the kitchen, either cookin' or sippin' on something. I rubbed my stomach when I smelt the aroma of mac and cheese and greens, I was finna smash on all of that.

"Damn, what else y'all makin'?" I chuckled, looking at the array of food displayed on the countertop. Fried and baked chicken, steaks, shrimp and crab, candied yams, brussel sprouts, cornbread. "Y'all want us fat?"

"Shut up, Cai!" Nayeli laughed, throwing a towel at me. "You don't have to eat, if you not tryna gain a few pounds."

"As if he won't lose it." Reina and Ava said at the same time, I mugged them, waving my hand as Jada and Maya snickered. "Where's Nini?"

"Sleep, not tryna be bothered with you hooligans." I poured myself a cup of Hennessy, it was probably a triple shot that I gave myself. "She might be up in the next hour, y'all know how she be." I lifted a shoulder placing the bottle down and looking at them. I just now realized these niggas weren't in here. "Where they at?"

"Basement, they were gonna go outside, but another snowfall had happened." Jada informed, I nodded saluting them before I made my departure only to stop when Jada stopped me. "Tell Shooter that I apologize. Please."

I perked a brow, because I wasn't really in their business like that, and Jada never spoke on her relationship as Shooter didn't either. So this shit was surprising.

"Aight, bet." I wanted to ask what's wrong, but it wasn't necessarily my place. Turning to walk out the kitchen, my drink in hand, I brought the cup to my lips and took a sip as I went down to the basement. I heard all my guys laughter, the aroma of smoke lingered as I ascended down the steps, causing me to chuckle. I needed fat blunts, back to back. "Y'all started without me? Foul." I held a hand to my chest, as I entered the space, falling out in laughter as they flipped the bird my way. Tavion chuckling, we weren't friends, so he knew what and what not to do.

"You was handling wifey, we ain't wanna be in the way." Kareem chuckled, causing me to mug him. "Ion know why you lookin at me like that, nigga. Take care of Nini, we respect it."

"Yeah, yeah." I waved my hand, chuckling as I looked in Shooter's direction, a blunt to his lips as he held a cup in his other hand. He was in his own zone, even if he was laughin, my bro wasn't all the way there. "Yo Shooter, lemme holla at you right quick, bro." I nodded my head toward the bar, walking in that direction.

"Mind y'all business." Shooter grumbled, chuckling as he walked over. We had some distance, so they weren't all up in our mix. "What's good, Cai?" He leaned against the bar, reaching for the Hennessy bottle behind the bar and pouring himself another.

"Ion like being in y'all business, but Jada had told me that she apologizes." I sipped from my cup, swallowing the liquid as it warmed me up. A low grunt following as my brows furrowed, shit was always smooth, as I drank henny like it was water. "What's that about?"

"Mmcht, I wasn't even that mad at her." He frowned, scratching the nape of his neck. "I guess she saw some DMs on the gram, but I wasn't entertaining none of them broads as they're all left in requests and shit. So she talkin slick sayin go fuck those bitches then, since you takin me for a joke. All crazy out the mouth like y'all know how she do, and I kinda snapped on her ass to tone that shit down as Jaliya was sleep. Why would I jeopardize my marriage for a bird? She keep forgettin I ain't like them lame niggas she was dealin with back then, and I know shit wasn't always great in the beginning, but damn we've grown from that shit."