Adrien widened his eyes, the reminder of his choices to leave Marinette behind sending a sharp sensation inside of his chest.

He didn't know how he could be so foolish, but he was grateful he caught it in time. The thought of leaving Marinette the way he intended to, tore at his heart relentlessly. He couldn't understand how he could be so short sighted, especially when it came to Marinette's feelings for him.

This would have been something he was likely to regret for the rest of his life.

It was a given that if fate had carried him in a different trajectory, Kagami's infidelity would have never changed.
Marinette would have left his life like she had promised, he'd eventually catch Kagami in her act and he'd be left alone to wallow in his regretful decision with tribulation. 
It was sure to be agony.

"Alya, I'm not divorcing Marinette..." Adrien explained, his heart aching at the sound of his own words. He didn't realise how desolate they had sounded until now.

"What I want to do is-- quite the opposite." Adrien explained, his chest growing tight as he reached up to rub the back of his neck.

Alya furrowed her brow, her nails digging into the sides of her arm as her lips pressed together. The brunette narrowed her eyes, preparing a rebuttal as she was growing suspicious of the blonde.

"The opposite?" She inquired, her bottom lip moving between her teeth as she began to slowly approach him, attempting to corner the tall male into a corner. "And what were you about to-"

Alya froze, her voice cutting off the moment the door behind them opened abruptly.

"Alya, what the hell are you doing?!" Nino exclaimed, his chest heaving as he slammed the door shut behind him. Nino paused, his eyes glancing between Alya and Adrien who both awkwardly stood in a corner.
Alya exhaled, taking a swift step away from Adrien who's cheeks grew redder than a grape tomato.

"I-Is there something going on between you two?" Nino inquired, his eyes growing wide at their awkward position.

Alya reached up, running her hand through her hair with a grimace before she awkwardly crossed her arms.

"No, but I guess you can understand the limit of boundaries..." Alya muttered, clearing her throat. 

Adrien groaned, his heart racing as he was beginning to feel a bit antsy, Marinette was right outside the door and all he wanted to do was get to her so that he could be up and honest about his feelings.

Nino exhaled, his jaw clenching as he glared at Alya. 

"Are you shitting me?" He asked, his voice quivering. "You throw yourself in a room with my best friend on his wedding night to talk about boundaries?" 

Alya rolled her eyes, her cheeks growing pink as she ran her hands through her hair, briefly turning away from the both of them.

"No. To reiterate that when I set a boundary and ask you to leave me alone, you should fucking leave me alone!" 

Nino rolled his eyes, his chest heaving as he was growing more and more frustrated.
"So is this one huge manipulative message? You think it'll kick some sense into me?" Nino retaliated. "Alya, why is it so hard for you to accept that I love you and care about you?!"

Alya widened her eyes, immediately spinning around to face him, as his choice of words had ignited an anger she never knew she was capable of.

"Piss off Nino!" She exclaimed. "I understand and I reciprocate the feelings for you. But you need to stop pestering me and when I decide to come to you, then you should wait for that. Don't involve other people in our business!"